Saw this super'cool mountain bike frame.. Make?

AndyBDX
AndyBDX Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in MTB general
Hi - Sorry first post.......so here goes.. Does someone know who makes this frame...

I saw this super'cool mountain bike being ridden by a courier in Old St, London the other day... must have been mostly a custom build, but as I'm thinking of doing the same the thing, what grabbed me was the frame! Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see the brand on the frame so I'm wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer.

I'll try and describe the frame the best I can .....

The hardtail frame was matt black finish but I really don't think this was a custom paint job. The top tube was at deep angle and the bike looked really maneuverable if you know what i mean but it wasn't a dirt or 4x. Seat stay was very similar to a Boardman i.e. one into two bars. Manufacturers main brand mark was on the down bar and this is what caught my eye... it was a long logo similar length to something like lil like the length of 'Commencal' but what was unique was that the logo was also in black but slightly risen without the matt finish, kind of brand stealth look. Beautiful bike.

On another note if anyones got an opinion on a great frame similar to the above i've love to hear about it

big thanks in advance !

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    The only frames that I can think that had raised (hydro formed) text on them were Bratavus. But they don't make MTB frames. Just Tarmac and shopping bikes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • thanks anyway
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    Was it a Cannondale Badboy?
  • lbalony - Yes your right that's it ! It was massively customised but your defo right on the frame
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    lbalony wrote:
    Blimey, I'm surprised anyone got that one!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Was exactly my thought too, OP did a reasonable job describing I thought!
  • lbalony
    The new ones don't have the same sloping top tube and a more hybrid style. Think the old ones was more mountain bike. The new Cannondale flashes have a similar frame to the old badboy.
  • lbalony
    ilovedirt wrote:
    lbalony wrote:
    Blimey, I'm surprised anyone got that one!

Not as surprised as me! ;)