lapped riders

polska1979
polska1979 Posts: 152
edited September 2014 in Cyclocross
Hi

Whats the general rule once youve been lapped in cx?

espiecially if the race is 50 mins +1lap?

Comments

• ukjim
    ukjim Posts: 39
    keep going
  • What he said. Bonus points if you can stay aware of riders who are coming through contesting the win/positions and give them a clear run!
  • devhads
    devhads Posts: 236
    If you mean do you have to do the +1 lap even if you've been lapped, it depends on when you've been lapped.

As a general rule when the leader takes the flag everyone else finishes when they cross the line the next time. This could mean that you don't get a bell. If for example you cross the line and see 2 laps to go but on that lap you get lapped by the leader you will then only have one lap to go.

This happened to me last weekend, I had two laps to go but got lapped just before the line by the leader getting the bell which also meant it was my bell too, I instantly went from 2 laps to go to 1 lap to go. The important thing is that it doesn't effect your position in the race.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Keep going, the lap checkers will know how far you have gone/position. Only those in the front group know their position anyway IME.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Yeah last weekend I finished 54 out if 66 but was the last person on the track. I think I did a +1 that I didn't really need to do
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    A few times I've been the only rider not to be lapped by the leader, crossing the finish line just in front and getting to ride a whole lap by myself! Did cut through the pits once as it made no difference to my race position.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..