dress code

ozle
ozle Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Road beginners
hello
is amateur road cyclists committed to dress code such as not wearing pro teams jerseys or not wearing cycling company jerseys and bib if you dont ride there bicycle
thanks

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wear whatever you want. Some people care. Some don't.
  • Wear what you want, the only snobbery you will see will be on web forums
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I like to match, preferably with my bike, is that dress code? or just being a tart?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Hoorah! Another thread on what clothes should I wear.

My vote goes for hairy pants.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Yes and/or no. It's your money so wear what ever you want.
  • The only hard and fast rule is to wear the bibs outside the jersey.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • And don't forget to wave cheerily to every other cyclist you see.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Its wear what you want, just be mindful of what you might look like if your overweight and in a full team kit and haven't got a clue and your wobbling up hill like a puffing billy. At the end of the day its up to you.
    22 gears and no idea!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    Wear what you want as long as you don't wear white bib shorts and sweat a lot as they have a tendency to become see-though :roll:
  • Wear what you want.

Just be aware that a significant proportion of committed cyclists believe that you shouldn't wear team kits or prize jerseys like World Champs or Yellow as it makes you look like, what they say, is a "sad wannabe" and it dishonours the jerseys heritage.

I have my own opinions but I don't believe they should influence the choices of other people. Whatever you do though, make sure you wave at EVERY passing cyclist no matter what the situation or you will upset someone. Good luck.
  • Let your riding do the talking.

Some people get funny with what you wear and what bike your riding, but you get then across all forms of cycling, if it bothers you then perhaps you should not ride with them if they have an issue leave them to their own little world.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    My personal opinion is wear team kit as much as you like and whatever your ability. But, WC jerseys are the preserve of those who've earned them and people wearing KOM jerseys shouldn't be seen struggling up a 2% gradient let alone getting off and pushing.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • It's a bit like replica football shirts isn't it. IMO, no one over 30 should be seen wearing them in public, and while I'm not going to go around suggesting to people they don't wear them cos it makes them look like a bit of an idiot, I reserve the right to think they look like a bit of an idiot.
  • Anything you like.
    But preferably made from the finest troll hair, lined with the softest groundhog fur.

I wonder if there will ever be a 2nd post from 'ozle'?
  • Wunnunda wrote:
    I wonder if there will ever be a 2nd post from 'ozle'?

I wonder what his normal username is?
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    philthy3 wrote:
    My personal opinion is wear team kit as much as you like and whatever your ability. But, WC jerseys are the preserve of those who've earned them and people wearing KOM jerseys shouldn't be seen struggling up a 2% gradient let alone getting off and pushing.

Rubbish, KOM jerseys deserve to be stretched over a perfectly spherical gut.

70s tache and really hairy legs with an awkward knee out riding style to complete the look.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    frisbee wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

Rubbish, KOM jerseys deserve to be stretched over a perfectly spherical gut.

70s tache and really hairy legs with an awkward knee out riding style to complete the look.

:lol:
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Wear what you like

Just don't be a full kit W@nker
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    How about if you wear team kit that is a cycling club you belong to? If you played rugby for a local team on a saturday you would wear their team kit while playing AND in some cases, when you train.

As for pro team kit, I bet the pro teams do want you to buy it and wear it. As you are supporting the team financially, I imagine pro cycling is an expensive business and merchandise sales certainly help. I wonder how much Team Sky have made from merchandise?

Personally I wear what I want, as why should I care what someone else thinks?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Hoorah! Another thread on what clothes should I wear.

My vote goes for hairy pants.

Like these?

$(KGrHqZ,!jgE5GG+vd)GBOcOu0pPeQ~~60_35.JPG

Actually, those are my real legs. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Hehe :), not quite what I was thinking of but I bet legs like that would make you quick if having a beard is aero!!