Relief from Coldplay

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ezgbj5#p026f4cv

This was Jacob Banks on Radio 1. Think Chris Martin should just write the stuff.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    I like the original, and I like a lot of the other Coldplay stuff too.

But, whatever lights your candle. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Musically, I quite like this cover. However, Jacob Banks sings like he's had a stroke.

Aside from Parachutes and a couple of other tunes, I'm astounded that Coldplay continue to get the plaudits they receive.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I quite like their first album, which is harmless enough.

But the rest is guff.

A few years back, a colleague of mine was all excited about going to see them live. I asked him who was the support act, and he said "some lot called Interpol". Now, I really like them, so I said that yeah, I'd go to the gig.

But leave after the support band.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I've always thought parents must chuckle at their offspring listening to Coldplay. "In my day, son," etc.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Not my favourite band but I do enjoy Coldplay (especially live) but the last two tunes I've heard by them have been truly dreadful. I can't name those tunes so it's hardly inspired commentary on my part but they do appear to have lost their way.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    If you woke up to find that someone had borrowed your iPod and downloaded a new track, which would you rather not listen to, Coldplay or U2.
  • Coldplay over U2 for me
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • U2 for me,defo there early stuff, Boy and War albums