Struggling to find decent jersey fit after weight loss

matt-h
matt-h Posts: 847
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

over the last 12 months i've slowly shifted 12 kgs.
The problem is that as i have a long torso, jerseys are either to loose around the arms or to short around thee body

Any recommendations of who to buy from?
I dont mind paying if the fit is right

Matt

Comments

• You might want to try (if you haven't already) the Pro fit items from the pricier brands - Assos, Castelli, Giordana. But it also really needs to be those that they describe as Pro fit - Assos, for instance, sell the old Mille range (I think they've changed the name) which was a "relaxed" (normal) fit. My Giordana jersey is very snug - in fact it's the only item in my wardrobe at XXL - mind you, it's not especially long in the body, especially at the front (presumably on the basis that it's ok on the bike hunched over).

If you really are struggling with cycle clothing, you also ought to ask yourself if you've overdone the weight loss.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Rapha
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I am over 6ft6 and found the gore contest short sleeve jerseys to be long enough in the body and fit me fine in xxl size. The gore windstopper jacket I have is also long enough in the body and arms. It just depends on your build and what fit you prefer.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    If you really are struggling with cycle clothing, you also ought to ask yourself if you've overdone the weight loss.

As a skinny git, who always has been skinny, it was nice to find in cycling that I was actually the perfect build for something - and I wouldn't exactly look particularly malnourished stood next to a high proportion of the pro peloton. So why is it that I can't get arm warmers that fit. Admittedly, I haven't tried them all - it's not easy to do that (can't be bothered with ordering stuff to send back) butI find that even small arm warmers end up tight on my fore arms and loose higher up. Seemingly, arm warmers are made for cyclists who waste valuable time doing bench presses!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    The Rapha Pro stuff is very tight fitting compared to their normal fare - if you are in London you could try some on in their store. Assos too is 'race fit' with, as mentioned above, their Mille range slightly looser. Not sure what the current range is like for jerseys. Just remember to allow room for base layers as we come into autumn.

Peter
  • I'm quite tall and slim and I really like the fit of Torm jerseys.
  • Matt,

Well done on the weight loss! Now you don't have to squeeze into new kit ;-)
  • Morvelo Jerseys have very tight arms sleeves.
    Worth a try.
  • I asked a similar question on here a few months ago and ended up with the Castelli Aero Race 5.0 jersey, whilst this is obviously designed for summer (extremely thin) it fits me perfectly, and has long sleeves, nearly down to my elbows!

It is also the exact same as the Garmin-Sharp team use, so have a look at pictures to get an idea of the fit, yet at £77 at rubble it isn't cheap, yet cheaper than the likes of Rapha
    Ribble R872
    Giant OCR 0T-Full Ultegra-ish
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    edited September 2014
    Cheers for the replies guys.
    I'll try athe Castelli Alan, I like the sound of longer sleeves
    My club jersey fits nice apart from the tiny short sleeves

Matt

Edit: just seen the colour schemes and they are a bit lairy for me.
    On the lookout for something simpler
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Rolf F wrote:

As a skinny git, who always has been skinny, it was nice to find in cycling that I was actually the perfect build for something - and I wouldn't exactly look particularly malnourished stood next to a high proportion of the pro peloton. So why is it that I can't get arm warmers that fit. Admittedly, I haven't tried them all - it's not easy to do that (can't be bothered with ordering stuff to send back) butI find that even small arm warmers end up tight on my fore arms and loose higher up. Seemingly, arm warmers are made for cyclists who waste valuable time doing bench presses!

No luck with the Prendas ones? They come in a small:

http://www.prendas.co.uk/prendas-ciclis ... rmers.html
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”