Vitus Bikes

mardybum72
mardybum72 Posts: 26
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any experience of this brand? Looks like you get a lot of bike for the money...where's the catch?

Comments

• Aren't they like Evans Cycles' Pinnacle brand, but the in-house brand of Chain Reaction Cycles?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Aren't they like Evans Cycles' Pinnacle brand, but the in-house brand of Chain Reaction Cycles?

Yeah that's the one.

Was looking at the Zenium VR...now available at £599

Shimano 105 plus Easton wheels/hubs....looks really good value....BUT...I'm no export in metal work, but the welding on the frame looks well ugly.....especially if you compare it to the finish of the Felt F75 for the same kinda money/spec.

Are you sure?

Vitus frames were being sold over 20 years ago (they used to advertise in Cycling Weekly) probably way before Chain Reaction Cycles was even born. CRC may have bought the Vitus brand at some point, but I'm sure Vitus was not theirs to begin with.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • Thought I read that somewhere recently (cannot remember where off the top of my head), maybe I/site had their wires crossed.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo

Are you sure?

Vitus frames were being sold over 20 years ago (they used to advertise in Cycling Weekly) probably way before Chain Reaction Cycles was even born. CRC may have bought the Vitus brand at some point, but I'm sure Vitus was not theirs to begin with.

Yeah Vitus went bust apparently....and CRC reintroduced it.

I called them. The frames are imported from Taiwan....I guess from the same factory as many others. Cannot fault the spec though.
  • Brother in law has a Zenium VR. It's very tidy for that money. They usually have a fair spread of them in the CRC showroom. They look solid, well specced but a little uninspired.