Tour of Britain commentary

rickwiggans
rickwiggans Posts: 416
edited September 2014 in Pro race
How many stars are in the universe? A lot. How many times does Brian Smith say "again" per hour? Even more. Please Brian, learn some new words!

http://garstangcyclingclub.net

Comments

• How many stars are in the universe? A lot. How many times does Brian Smith say "again" per hour? Even more. Please Brian, learn some new words!

It always confuses me as I feel I've missed some of the conversation. Very disconcerting. When he's paired with Kirby sometimes on Eurosort it's stereo gibberish, not knowing what either are on about.
  • Not just me then!

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    watching live or highlights?
  • TBH I've never really noticed but then again I do quite like what he has to say
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    How many threads do we need on ToB commentators? Even more 'again'!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    How many stars are in the universe? A lot. How many times does Brian Smith say "again" per hour? Even more. Please Brian, learn some new words!
    It always confuses me as I feel I've missed some of the conversation. Very disconcerting. When he's paired with Kirby sometimes on Eurosort it's stereo gibberish, not knowing what either are on about.
    IMO, the lowest form of cycle race commentary gibberish is Kirby and Backstedt.
    I still have trouble with Brian Smith's "Moment in Time" being repeated so often but to give him his bonus points he try's to make a commentary about the racing on the screen when allowed to by Kirby's Gob.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Putting the hurt on several times an hour grates...
  • Mikey23
    And the decibel level rising as the finish approaches... Even when it isnt very interesting

No need for km markers methinks
  • Mikey23
    And 'theres a bit of a hiatus in the pack' comes out several times a stage...
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Putting the hurt on several times an hour grates...

They often do this when the climb is a bit more focussed...
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy