Superfly 7 or Scott Scale 960

shinynewbike
shinynewbike Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I am after some advice on which hard tail to go for having not purchased a new bike in 15-20 years! I am sure anything will be a massive improvement, but confused as to how best spend my £1000 budget. I dont anticipate jumping off massive rocks, more woodland trails, stumps, mud, climbing hills etc.

Kind of landing on either the Trek Superfly7 or Scott Scale 960 right now, but which one???

Any help or advice very much appreciated.

Comments

• having just bought a superfly 6, I can heartily reccommend it. Although that is based on having not much time riding it so far. Did do a lot of reading before buying though, and I'm happy with my purchase.

Did come across this recent review for a Superfly 7 the other day too, so likely worth a look for you

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... -14-48724/
  • Thanks for the feedback and great to hear from someone who is loving their Super fly purchase. Checked out the review which has convinced me to pick one up tomorrow...
  • think I'm right in saying its the same frame as the 6, just diff colours and better spec. Pretty sure you'll be happy with it -I'm very happy with mine; haven't been off it for the last 3 days!
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    I have the 2013 scale 950. The superfly was on my list, I preferred the look of the scott once I was in the shop. I guess the 960 is slightly lower spec'ed.
    Great bike, a million times better than the GT 26" hardtail it replaced.
    I am looking at selling though, I expect you are cycle to work scheme, but if you are looking at second hand let me know.
    Banned from singletrack forum again :-)