Mike Cuming Rapha

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited September 2014 in Pro race
seems to be having a bad year after wining Tour of Korea last year. Last on stage 3 of ToB - dnf - stage 4. He is a very good climber?Why such bad form?

Comments

• He's broken his collarbone!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    He was also in the break for most of Stage 3.
  • Think he has played team mate for Hugh Carthy this year a fair bike, he is strong, hope he gets a ride sorted with Rapha pulling their backing at the end of the year. Fingers crossed John Herety has got another backer lined up......anyone heard anything?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Yeah - JLT are stepping up next season. Condor are staying in and they've got a clothing sponsor lined up, but won't announce until the end of the season due to respect for Rapha. They've also got a decent glitch of lower tier sponsors such as Skoda, Muc-Off and the medical people whose name escapes me.
    Hugh Carthy is off to ride for Caja Rural, Cuming has played a supporting role mostly - but he's broken his collar bone twice this year I think which has been a bit of a gutter for him. Rapha have had some good options with him, Handley, Carthy and House all decent at this level. He's a nice guy too -
  • mroli wrote:
    Yeah - JLT are stepping up next season. Condor are staying in and they've got a clothing sponsor lined up, but won't announce until the end of the season due to respect for Rapha. They've also got a decent glitch of lower tier sponsors such as Skoda, Muc-Off and the medical people whose name escapes me.
    Hugh Carthy is off to ride for Caja Rural, Cuming has played a supporting role mostly - but he's broken his collar bone twice this year I think which has been a bit of a gutter for him. Rapha have had some good options with him, Handley, Carthy and House all decent at this level. He's a nice guy too -

Thats good, wonder what is happening with Giordana, they always seem a bit up in the air this time of year
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Saw Mike on Sunday. He was in good spirits - arm in a sling. Reckons he'll be back on a bike in 3-4 weeks, but there's no hurry as its the off-season anyway. Really nice bloke.