FAO Nicklouse

mitchgixer6
mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
Nick.

I sent you a few PM's regarding a complaint against one of the Mod's on here. I've had no reply even though it's fairly obvious you're on the forum every day and it seems the PM's have been delivered.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could reply even to acknowledge my messages.

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    If you have anything to say say it in the open.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    If you have anything to say say it in the open.

Surely that's the exact opposite of what should be done.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • It's not the fact that I want to say anything in the open. I'd probably get banned for that by the mod in question.

It's the fact that I got in touch privately as I thought that was the way to do it and I was blatantly ignored. I know you all do this voluntarily but 2 minutes to write a reply would have nice.
  • :roll:

This site is a bit of a joke really. Can only presume I'm still getting ignored.

This site is a bit of a joke really.

Or at least the moderating is.
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

This site is a bit of a joke really. Can only presume I'm still getting ignored.

I don't know the specific issue you have with the moderator in question, but looking at your profile, you have been warned 6 times over a period of just over one year by different moderators :shock: that's quite a lot of warnings. That leads me to think that you either haven't read the rules or you choose to ignore them.
    If you stick to the rules, it's generally smooth sailing... plenty of people have been here far longer than you and never managed to clash with moderators
    left the forum March 2023
  • I'm sure you can see the specifics Paolo, and you'll be able to see that the majority of the warnings were issued by one moderator, the one who my issue is with. I'll admit most of them were for silly things all to do with not sticking to they letter of the law in the classifieds. I've not been trolling the boards threatening other members or anything of the like.

My latest warning was for purely expressing an opinion which is why I wanted to take it further. On getting in touch with Nick on numerous occasions I was completely ignored, hence my post here. It looks like I'm still getting ignored so not sure what can be done.

It's the age old question of who polices the police?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    May be PM Paolo then, he's a reasonable guy and will offer a fair opinion (OK, slightly biased since he knows you already have 6 warnings). That way you at least you get another opinion.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • To be honest I'm past the point of caring. The mods obviously don't as proven by the first reply to this post.

I'll not be using the site anymore so I'm not going to waste anymore time sending more PM's to the mod team.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Should you decide to flounce off, could you please do us all a favour and go public as requested.
    Those of us viewing will be enlightened and you have nothing to lose.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • And is there a league table of warnings...?

A sort of badboys list...?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    And is there a league table of warnings...?

That'll be the 'your warning level' which is shown in the User Control Panel :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    arran77 wrote:
    And is there a league table of warnings...?

That'll be the 'your warning level' which is shown in the User Control Panel :D
    I must be a good boy as this feature does not appear in my profile. You naughty boys.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Bye bye then..l
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Should you decide to flounce off, could you please do us all a favour and go public as requested.
    Those of us viewing will be enlightened and you have nothing to lose.

Yeah, fair point. I will probably remain registered (unless I get banned after this) in order to use the parts of the forum I find useful.

So after being prompted to post the details of the issue on public, in here, then I will. As I've already mentioned all the warnings I've had before have been for either posting incorrectly in the Classifieds, or for questioning the Mod team in the wrong place. I can only presume this is the correct place to question the Mod team? Here is the PM that I sent to Nicklouse and I still haven't had a reply to -:

I hope I'm contacting the correct person here. I was looking to make a complaint against one of the moderators but wasn't sure how to go about it.

Yesterday I posted in the for sale (road parts) section expressing my opinion on a matter that was brought up by Velonutter. There was a Scott CR1 frame for sale and Velonutter had commented that he thought the price of it was high considering an online retailer had been selling them new for cheaper.

This started a bit of a debate on the thread regarding the price of the frame and profiteering was mentioned which again Velonutter commented on. At this point I thought enough was enough and I posted expressing my opinion seeing as plenty of others had done the same. I've pasted in my reply at the bottom.

As I predicted Velonutter issued me a final warning with the threat of being banned permanently if I disagreed with him on the forums. Quite frankly I feel this was a step too far, and it seems to me that Velonutter is on some sort of power trip. On being in touch with other forum members it seems he has a history of this, so hence my reason to complain about him. My response on the for sale thread I feel was perfectly justified considering the other responses, and Velonutter deleted my comment pretty quickly.

Is there anything that can be done about this situation?

Thanks.

And here is the reply I made on the original thread.

I'll probably get ANOTHER warning for giving my opinion here, but the mods coming onto a post like this and trying to influence what an item is worth or will be sold for really is out of order.

If you don't agree with the sale price of an item then don't buy it! Or contact the seller and try to hammer out a deal. Simple as that.

As for the bit about the rules on profiteering I wouldn't have thought or would be advisable to comment on that either. If you are a mod then you obviously have some influence, so how about discussing it with the forum team instead of posting on someone's for sale post?

Glad you got it sold despite the negative comments.

So why no response Nicklouse? As I've already mentioned I appreciate you all do this job of moderating in your own time, and I presume you don't get paid in any way for it. But if you're going to do the job then please do it properly, and don't abuse your power by issuing warnings and bans when someone disagrees with your opinion! :roll:

And a 2 second reply to a PM goes a long way, even if it's to say there's nothing that can be done.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    My only comment to you Mitchgixer is that you have an axe to grind having been warned as follows.

I might add, there there were two Moderators commenting on that thread which you disagreed with, but because you have an axe to grind, you decided to choose me: -
    Thu Jun 6, 2013 11:52 pm The following warning was issued to this user
    » Please do not bump your post as it is against the rules. Thank-you.
    Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:02 pm The following warning was issued to this user
    »
    Open to offer on this, otherwise I'll put it in the garage and try again in the spring.

Please read the rules, this is bumping and is also unfair to other members, in addition this is not an auction site.

Thank-you.
    Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 pm The following warning was issued to this user
    » Please read the revised rules and lock your own topic.
    Sat May 10, 2014 5:48 pm The following warning was issued to this user
    » Please read the rules, you already have a live advert and you can only have one advert per section.

Adverts Merged
    Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 pm The following warning was issued to this user
    »
    Ha ha brilliant! The mods on here certainly get a kick out of their wee bit of power!

There is a place to complain and it is certainly not in the classifieds.
    Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am The following warning was issued to this user
    » I have asked you before if you have a problem with the moderation then we have an area specific for it not in someone else's posts.

If you breach the rules for whatever reason again then you will be permanently banned.

I am first and foremost a member of this forum and every right to comment on any post as long as it adheres to the rules and that they are in the correct place, if you don't like my comments as a member then fine, but if you have an issue with the moderation then this area is the correct place to comment.

As for you getting banned, as long as you are polite and adhere to the rules, then why should you get banned.

I have no axe to grind with you and remain impartial to all, I just try to ensure that if the rules are breached that they are dealt with in the appropriate way.
  • I have no axe to grind at all. I was in reply to your comment as it was your comment which I felt was particularly out of order. We all have the right to comment on any thread you are correct. But only the mods have the right to delete the ones they don't like. As you've just proven I have never attacked another forum member and all the warnings I've had issued are for minor infringement of the classified rules. I must add there is a great deal of feeling on here that the mods can be VERY heavy handed with the warnings.

You've already had your say and already issued my warning for daring to speak my mind, so I'll wait for further response from Nicklouse considering this thread was started as he refused to reply to my PM's.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I have no axe to grind at all. I was in reply to your comment as it was your comment which I felt was particularly out of order. We all have the right to comment on any thread you are correct. But only the mods have the right to delete the ones they don't like. As you've just proven I have never attacked another forum member and all the warnings I've had issued are for minor infringement of the classified rules. I must add there is a great deal of feeling on here that the mods can be VERY heavy handed with the warnings.

You've already had your say and already issued my warning for daring to speak my mind, so I'll wait for further response from Nicklouse considering this thread was started as he refused to reply to my PM's.

You forget the little bit highlighted in bold: -
    I am first and foremost a member of this forum and every right to comment on any post as long as it adheres to the rules and that they are in the correct place, if you don't like my comments as a member then fine, but if you have an issue with the moderation then this area is the correct place to comment.

So you have an issue with being asked, then told to post in the correct area? :roll: and all this because you don't like it, oh well, not a lot I can say after that! :roll:

As for the classifieds, the rules are set by BR's legal department and we are asked to ensure that they are adhered to, simple really.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So your issue is that you are being advised that you are not following the rules.

Fine then don't follow them somewhere else.

Or take them for what they are advise. And advise that all the modmin team can see.

How else can we see what each other is doing or advising people of?

We could quite easily just delete any post that dies not follow the rule (as stated in the rules) and not advise the poster.

Which do you want?

I have no issues with any of the bits of advise you have recived.

Maybe you should take it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Well thanks for the reply. Shame you couldn't have put that advice in a PM.

Yes it would sometimes be nice to have some friendly advice instead of board warnings and bans being dished out.

Thanks for wasting my time Nicklouse.
  • pblakeney
    There seems to be a disagreement about what is advice and what is a warning.

I would say that in the examples given, advice was required but warnings were overkill. Just an opinion from a minor.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • nicklouse wrote:

Or take them for what they are advise. And advise that all the modmin team can see.

I have no issues with any of the bits of advise you have recived.

All of these uses of advise are wrong - you need the noun advice.
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    There seems to be a disagreement about what is advice and what is a warning.

I would say that in the examples given, advice was required but warnings were overkill. Just an opinion from a minor.

There is no "advice" button in the moderator panel, you'l have to do with a warning and try to be an adult and not take it personally
    left the forum March 2023