What's the most compact frame?

ajoten
ajoten Posts: 321
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Obviously there are lots of bikes with compact frames. But whose top tube slopes the steepest, would you say?

With no absolutely hilarious references to ladies' step through or folding bikes of course.
Андрю
Alu is real.

Comments

• DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Focus Izalco Ergoride, Cinelli Saetta and Giant Defy all come to mind.

Why do you ask?
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    I've just got a Cube Peloton race as a winter bike and the TT slopes quote a lot, it's a 53 but a very small 53.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Not sure of the purpose of the question, but the angle of the TT usually depends on the size of the frame - ie the smaller the size, the sharper the angle. If you want a steep slope on your TT, buy a small-sized 29er MTB...
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    The steepest top tubes I have seen on road bikes are those made by Rob English.
  • 795 is pretty steep.

Look795.jpg
  • ajoten
    Ooo, that English is ace.

Purpose of question? Here's my bike, after a "fitting". I need to find a frame that results in minimal spacers and flattest stem angle.

[img][/img]
    Андрю
    Alu is real.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Roubaix?
  • ajoten
    Is on the shortlist. As is the 57cm Ruby (don't tell anyone).
    Андрю
    Alu is real.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    You mean you want a tall head tube, not necessarily 'extra' compact. As a lot of these have small seat tubes rather then long head tubes.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Yup looks like it from the picture!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ajoten wrote:

Purpose of question? Here's my bike, after a "fitting". I need to find a frame that results in minimal spacers and flattest stem angle.

[img][/img]

A lot of your fitting issues could be addressed by simply adjusting the lever position and rotating the bars a bit. That would almost certailny result in the stem sitting a bit lower on the steerer...
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    ajoten wrote:

[img][/img]

Bike fits often make bikes look shoot.
    We all want our bikes to look like the pro's with massive saddle to bar drop and slammed stems but most of us can't ride like that.
    I had a fit years ago and if I followed it to the letter my bikes would look pretty dull so I have the bars a bit lower than recommended and it doesn't cause me much bother really unless I'm doing big miles in which cas everything hurts.
    Most importantly my bike looks good which makes me ride it.
    If I had a bike that looked like yours after a fit then I too would be looking for a new one.
    Anyway Felt Z series have taller headtubes.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.