sizing for 2013 Boardman SLR 9.4

wackojacko98
wackojacko98 Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
hey guys,

I was wondering if you could possibly help me with a sizing for a bike, o'm in a bit of a conundrum.

I'm planning on buying a new 2013 Boardman SLR 9.4

The issue is there is they only have a XL which is a 58.5cm TT available.

I'm about 184cm, with an leg inseam of about 84cm.

I have tried the XL with a 90mm stem and it wasn't too bad, but i was wondering having such a small stem could have a negative effect on the handling overall.

Will the bike be too big?

Currently I ride a 2008 Giant TCR advanced m/l with a 100mm stem which has a 53.5cm seat tube. I believe it is too small as when i am standing out of the saddle or when im using clip on TT bars my knees have a tendency to hit the handlebars.

I understand you may not be able to help me, but i thought it would be worth asking.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    IMO you would not notice the effect the length of the stem has after a couple of rides but if the bikes too big you will never be really comfortable on it.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    If it doesn't fit, you will come to hate it.

Buy one that is the right size for you.

You may be surprised how cheaply you can build a 2015 SLR 9.8 frame and components for.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Thanks for your help.

how do you know it doesn't fit? i tried the bike and it felt 'bigger', but i am not sure if that is because it is too big or just because i wasnt used to the new position