Wiggle Honda

Der Kaiser
Der Kaiser Posts: 172
edited September 2014 in Pro race
Just noticed that today Jo Rowsell and Linda Villumsen have both left to join new team. This is on to of Laura Trott leaving. Is there anything behind this exodus or am I reading too much into it?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Could give them a chance to get some dedicated roadies in to go for more continental road race wins. I always get the feeling that whilst hugely talented the GB track riders are playing at road racing a little bit. The 1-2 at the Nationals shows the talent is there but the track will always be their main focus and who can blame them when there's so little reward riding the road?
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Dunno, I'm reading between the lines that someone's fallen-out with someone, but could be completely wrong

However, in interview with Beeb Jo Rowsell says it's so she and Trottie can concentrate on the Olympics
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/29127826

I find it all a bit disappointing, but is it just me ?
    - is winning an Olympic gold really the high-point of cycling ?

I don't get that feeling for the Dutch, Germans, French, Italians, Spanish (not sure about the Aussies or Kiwis...)

Is it that in Britain cycling is still a minor sport that no-one's interested in, so winning an Olympic medal is the pinnacle ?

Maybe for women's cycling, which is far lower-key than men's, but it astonishes me that Wiggins takes that attitude, Cav is talking about it, and Thomas says that a Commonwealth gold is a high-point of his career...