Just completed London - Paris. What next?

mjf1017
mjf1017 Posts: 48
edited September 2014 in Tour & expedition
So my friends and I have just completed London - Paris on an organised ride. 240 miles over 3 days. Brilliant, do it if you get the chance. (We were 12 in a group of 88)
We are all 50 years old and bought good road bikes, trained, lost weight and nailed it.
So the big question now is what to do next year?
London - Paris is an ideal run, great cities, okay for timings, not too long but long enough. Any suggestions or recommendations for a trip for next year?

Comments

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I recently completed the Raid Pyrenean - 710kms in 100hrs, 18 cols including Aubisque and Tourmalet. It was an awesome ride with a great group of people and you feel such a sense of achievement afterwards.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I was thinking you might need to so Paris - London to get home again! :-)
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Do it again non-stop?
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    Quite a sense of achievement in crossing a country - any country, really, as long as you have the right company and don't overstretch yourself.
    We did JoGle in 2011, E2E France last year and are now planning E2E Italy (which may turn into Nice-Rome) as myself and my riding partners are all the wrong side of forty and knees are starting to creak when the mileage (as it did in these two tours) goes over the 100 every day for over a week!
    Also did E2E Wales, off-road, about 12 years ago - which is a nice twist on crossing a country...
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • Thanks for the advice, some good ideas.

Did think about cycling back from paris but opted for the eurostar instead ;)