Spitting whilst riding

2»

Comments

• msmancunia wrote:
    It's nothing to do with hygiene - it's just disgusting. If you aren't racing (and SCR doesn't count), then there's no excuse for just sitting up for ten seconds, pulling out a tissue and either blowing your nose or having a good cough.

Possibly in the lanes of Cheshire you can do that, but if you stop on the CS7 you cause a pile up... :?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    The anti social issue is about spitting on the pedestrian pavement... spitting on the road shared with vehicles is not an issue...

I'm a natural "to the left" spitter. Trying to spit to the right feels awkward.

Besides, the last thing I need when overtaking someone is for them to lob a gobful of phlegm at me!
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Spitters are quiters, so I'm told :roll:

I can't ride no-handed without concentrating, so taking out a tissue from somewhere is out of the question. I don't see the issue really of spitting, snot-rocketing etc on the road as long as you don't do it right in the face of others.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    msmancunia wrote:
    It's nothing to do with hygiene - it's just disgusting. If you aren't racing (and SCR doesn't count), then there's no excuse for just sitting up for ten seconds, pulling out a tissue and either blowing your nose or having a good cough.

Possibly in the lanes of Cheshire you can do that, but if you stop on the CS7 you cause a pile up... :?

Oh please. Are you telling me you can't ride a bike and blow your nose at the same time? Even I can do that and I'm rubbish at riding a bike. And I don't ride in the lanes of Cheshire - too posh for the likes of me :D I'm sink estates, cannabis farms and dodgy lock ups all the way to Cragg Vale....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Oh please. Are you telling me you can't ride a bike and blow your nose at the same time? Even I can do that and I'm rubbish at riding a bike. And I don't ride in the lanes of Cheshire - too posh for the likes of me :D I'm sink estates, cannabis farms and dodgy lock ups all the way to Cragg Vale....

I suppose I could carry a tissue, but it would get soaked in sweat and useless in no time... besides, why destroying forest for paper tissue that I don't need... a good spit on the road has never offended any driver... never been beeped at for spitting, never!
    left the forum March 2023
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    I just have a drink...
    Pinot G. MsManc's answer to everything.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!