Tyre Pressure Foa Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

postie90
postie90 Posts: 53
edited September 2014 in Road beginners
hi guys, I've had a punchure and I'm not sure what tyre pressure i should have, I'm 50/50 regarding road use and canal footpath riding if anyone knows... cheers.

Comments

• hi davidmt83,
    tyre width is 20, I'm 10st 10lbs (150 lbs) so is it 150 x 0.33 + 63.33? this comes out at 112.83 that right? thanks.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    postie90 wrote:
    hi davidmt83,
    tyre width is 20....
    Are you sure about that?
    Davids chart refers to tyre width in millimeters. A 20mm tyre is extremely narrow and rare these days except perhaps on the occasional TT bike. I would have thought a hybrid, especially one you're using on canal paths would have 28mm+ tyres.

I just looked up the Giant website for the Roam 2 and it appears to come with 40mm tyres which sounds much more sensible for that type of bike!

Assuming a 40mm tyre I'd guess that something like 45-50psi front and 50-60psi rear will be a reasonable starting point. If you get any pinch punctures raise it a little, if you find it's too harsh a ride try dropping it a little.
  • sorry for the late reply.... I've been away, yes your right I've checked my tyres 700x40c the tyre wall states max PSI 75... thanks for all the above advise.... is there a good tyre pressure gauge for presto valves? thanks again in advance..