Reminder. The worlds are on RedBull TV now

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited September 2014 in MTB general
Ladies on now.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• nicklouse
    Well done Ladies.

men are on now.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse
    Well done lads. Ok only two in the top three but it was fun.

4 place ran chain less for just about the whole thing.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    That's gravity for ya
  • British world champions in elite men, juniors and women's category. Not a bad result.
    They all learnt to race in South Wales as well.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    That was one of the most utterly mental races I've watched in a while. In fact the whole season has been pretty incredible! Highlights have to be Gwin's tyreless run down Leogang and Neko's chainless run today! Not to mention Ratboy's run today hucking that finish jump to flat and still coming second with (presumably) a broken ankle. Incredible.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • nicklouse
    He has posted pics of his foot on FB.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Just saw that - ouch.
    According to Kathy Sessler - multiple dislocations and multiple fractures. Not surprising - was pretty much 30ft to flat!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I got up at 3am this morning to watch the racing - and I was not disappointed. Phenominal racing throughout, Bryn Atkinson set the mens racing target for me and then it just steadily improved to Neko Mullaly and then went nuts from there on in. Ladies racing - top ten were great, gutted for Rachel not to make that top step, looks like Manon did her usual trick of coming good in the final third.

Just great to watch. Looking forward to watching next season. In fact cant wait, I hope its as open and deeply talented as this year! Recover quickly Ratboy! Love watching that lazy style that some how ends up so fast.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Just seen it was an all British podium in the women's race. Good result considering British tracks are so much shorter than what other nationalities have to train on.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    EEEEEEYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOUUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!

1551658_913602028653901_9065156853221811917_n.jpg?oh=c351f760af4eace0270dcc894fd276cc&oe=54894A59
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    That was great to watch, so many were lucky to get away without injury, Mulally was amazing getting that result with no chain. Ratboy's ankle look a proper mess.
    The XCO was the best race this year too, Nino had a nasty off right at the end of the last lap.
  • 10672344_10152249043490303_6107800711252867186_n.jpg?oh=31a26d89c9c1af857478c992a5813c8d&oe=548FBC8E&__gda__=1418444696_2a1b96d73f603a7e039ca540a83e0a3f

Balls of steel to ride that out!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323

With that much compression, he's lucky he's got any balls left at all!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Clank wrote:

With that much compression, he's lucky he's got any balls left at all!

I want to know if the frame broke somewhere too - that isn't just bottomed out that is bottomed the f*** out!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.