for men only

dennisn
dennisn Posts: 10,601
edited September 2014 in Workshop

A few shots(bad) of my cave.

Comments

• A lack of replies probably signifies some jealousy in this case. Perfect man cave.
  • Not too sure about the table lamps... :shock:
  • cubedean wrote:
    Perfect man cave.

A good man cave. Apart from the dodgy lamps, I'm missing a pumping sound system, a huge TV screen/monitor and a cool classic car, oh, and some powered tools (of any sort...)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Someone's stolen your beer fridge!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    Not too sure about the table lamps... :shock:

this, otherwise - looks good
  • dennisn
    matthew h wrote:
    Not too sure about the table lamps... :shock:

this, otherwise - looks good

Well, one must have a little touch of class. Right? Actually they were in storage in the basement so I said what the hell.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Proper man cave. :)
  • dennisn
    cubedean wrote:
    Perfect man cave.

A good man cave. Apart from the dodgy lamps, I'm missing a pumping sound system, a huge TV screen/monitor and a cool classic car, oh, and some powered tools (of any sort...)

Sound system is pretty basic and not in the pic. An older computer with a set of cheapie powered speakers.
    Not to much of a TV watcher. I want to go down there, get in the workout, get out.
    Not in to classic cars. Plus they are hard to get into the basement. :wink:
    Power tools would entail that I was good at(and wanted to do it) remodeling, etc.
    I've got my main interests down there. Cycling workshop, weights, violin. Between the 3, it
    keeps me busy and occupied in my retirement years.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Is that a violin in the second picture. If so, respec'.
  • dennisn
    De Sisti wrote:
    Is that a violin in the second picture. If so, respec'.

You might not say that if you've ever heard me play. I am NOT, by any means or interpretation, what you would call a "violin player". If I played and practiced as much as I ride and lift weights, well, things might be better on the ears, but..... :oops:

You?
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Grade 2 double bass. Played in a local orchestra (don't think of 'The Proms' at the Albert Hall :wink: ) earlier this year,
    but it was hard. They were all grade 5/6 (and we were playing pieces to their standard). Hoping to rejoin them later this month; that'll mean more practicing and less cycling.
  • dennisn
    De Sisti wrote:
    Grade 2 double bass. Played in a local orchestra (don't think of 'The Proms' at the Albert Hall :wink: ) earlier this year,
    but it was hard. They were all grade 5/6 (and we were playing pieces to their standard). Hoping to rejoin them later this month; that'll mean more practicing and less cycling.
    Good luck with that.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    frisbee wrote:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    What's that, man cave you say ?

20140713_164527_zpseef16b44.jpg

20140713_164508_zpsa94b37a3.jpg
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    frisbee wrote:

That was exactly what I thought :)

You also need a comfy chair, nice sized TV and some takeaway menu's. A wine rack would be handy to ;)
  • dennisn
    big p wrote:
    What's that, man cave you say ?

20140713_164527_zpseef16b44.jpg

20140713_164508_zpsa94b37a3.jpg

Not so sure. It's awfully neat and tidy to be considered a man cave. Unlike you though, I am however missing a cat.
  • Can you actually drive the car out?!

I assume the insurance demanded those, seeing as the car is such a thief magnet!
  • dennisn
    Kajjal wrote:
    frisbee wrote:

That was exactly what I thought :)

You also need a comfy chair, nice sized TV and some takeaway menu's. A wine rack would be handy to ;)

Strangely enough it's not where I spend a lot of time. Although the idea of hiding from the wife down there is appealing. I like to get down there, workout or work on a bike or play the fiddle. It's not my lounge around place, so I don't have a TV or bar or recliner. Kind of a strictly business place. Ya know, get something accomplished and get out.