Fox Bottom-Out Bumper

barikhan
barikhan Posts: 22
edited September 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Good Day Everyone.

Fox Float 32 FIT 140 2011.

Just doing the standard oil and seals service and noticed that the bump stop or bottom-out bumper came loose in one leg all by itself. I did not realise this could be removed and it is recommended to remove this for thorough cleaning. It took a bit of effort to get the other one out.

I want to positively confirm that you just pop them back down in the bottom of the leg, flush flat and push the lowers back on.... and that's it? So if your riding, it is possible for the bottom-out bumper to move, and should I bottom out, I am sure the stanchion will just ram them down into the base of the lowers? Somewhat stupidly I did try bashing the initial loose bumper into the lowers, thinking it had to be stationary for it just to keep moving around....

I've got the maintenance manuals all printed out next to me. Only thing the service section says 'the bottom out bumper is a non serviceable part,' and that's it. I am assuming that it just sit's in the bottom, as there is no lip or method to secure it in place, but just want to confirm it is a drop in, ensure it's flat, fir lowers = job done, and that's it.

I've gone through all my fork service video's and all of the online tutorials don't mention it, bar the 'enduro fork seals' pdf, which does say just drop it back in, but again, I want to make sure that is all it is and that it won't cause issues if it is loose when riding.

Any help is much appreciated.