Amazing!! Slaying the Badger on itv4

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited September 2014 in Pro race
This was on last night and is the best thing i've seen in years. Sorry if this has already been posted but it is fantastic! :)))

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/slaying-t ... the-badger
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• I haven't seen anyone Saly a badger in years !
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I haven't seen anyone Saly a badger in years !

Brian's band binned banned Saly.
    2031539.jpg?type=articleLandscape
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • jerry3571
    Your spelling Mate, Blimey! :D
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571
    tdf08st02gc-badgerbike.jpg:)

-Jacques Anquetil
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    jerry3571 wrote:
    This was on last night and is the best thing i've seen in years. Sorry if this has already been posted but it is fantastic! :)))

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/slaying-t ... the-badger

That was very good, Couldn't trust Tapie, Koechli or Hinault as far as you could chuck them up Alpe d'huez.

It said 'Episode 1, series 1' is there another on the way?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    That was very good, Couldn't trust Tapie, Koechli or Hinault as far as you could chuck them up Alpe d'huez.

Agreed... and especially Koechli.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Is it the same one that is on YouTube?
  • That photo of Hinault stopping to take a piss might be the only time a person has ever looked cool while engaging in that particular activity.
  • Got it on the Sky+ box to watch... can't wait. The book was amazing.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Dabber wrote:

Agreed... and especially Koechli.

It was amazing watching him still trying to justify it too. Wouldn't admit anything and it was all on the level of "you just don't understand cycling".
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    The thing that got me was how good Andy Hampsten looked

Hinault is older and going grey, LeMond has put on a lot of weight (and that back-brace thing was really offputting), but Hampsten just looked amazing
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Yeah, clearly a guy who has looked after himself. He looked about 20 years younger than most of them.

To be fair Hinault looks pretty good - but it as magnificent as he did in the 80s.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    Always felt for Fignon. In that final TT, apparently he had saddle sore.

Lemond is suffering from lead poisoning after the shooting. Must be tough.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cheers for the heads up, watched it in between boughts of washing up during the many many adverts on itv player.
    Bear in mind if there wasn't all the stitch ups and such like it would have been pretty boring and much less publicity for the team and sponsors. I think this was the big mistake for sky in not letting froome and wiggins duke it out over the last couple of seasons, it would have been bloody but good for the profile of the sport.