Rear hub - MX2

Eah_Dunno
Eah_Dunno Posts: 10
edited September 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys

This may well be a noob question but home maintenance is relatively new to me so go easy :wink:

I recently changed the front and rear tyres of my Ridgeback MX2 given the tread ware. Although a learning experience there were no real dramas. A few days after the fitting I noticed that there seems to be some play to the left and right on the rear wheel :( From what I’ve researched and gathered the first port of call is to tighten up the cones of the rear hub. I’m fairly comfortable attempting this but I’m falling at the first hurdle :oops:

Cone spanners are obviously required but despite a lot of looking and reading I cannot seem to establish the size of cone spanners I need for the rear hub. There are assumption but I don’t want to order the wrong size and have a tool lying around that I won’t use. If there was a name stamped on the hub or if I could identify a specific model (if that’s the terminology) I would be further forward but everywhere I look all I find on the net is:

Hub front: Formula Alloy
Hub rear: Formula Alloy

Is there somewhere else I can look or am I now at the stage of having to remove the wheel and physically trying to measure the bolt/nut in question?

Any further advises/information supplied will be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments