Hollotech II bottom bracket question

davoj
davoj Posts: 190
edited September 2014 in Workshop
Hi,

I am wondering what bearing should I get for my Hollotech shimano 105, it's the 3rd last model to come out.

It's says BCI 37x24 on the cups.

Any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Just buy new cups.

BSA, English thread.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • davoj
    nicklouse wrote:
    Just buy new cups.

BSA, English thread.

Thanks, is it the Shimano 195 5700 cups? English tread.

Thanks.
  • any shimano hollowtech II BB cups will do from sora to dura ace (even the mtb ones fit but don't use the plastic spacers)

the 5600, 5700 and 5800 ranges are all compatible
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    The last few times I've got better deals on the Ultegra one - totally compatible and they've last well.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • davoj
    k-dog wrote:
    The last few times I've got better deals on the Ultegra one - totally compatible and they've last well.

Thanks guys,

Also how many KM approx do they last or how can you tell when its time to be replaced?
  • davoj wrote:
    k-dog wrote:

Thanks guys,

Also how many KM approx do they last or how can you tell when its time to be replaced?

Very difficult question to answer, far too many variables (rider weight, pedalling style, typical ride profiles, weather conditions etc etc).

The hollowtech ones last very well. if there is any play it may be on it's way out (or the cranks aren't on properly), failing that if it's notchy or gritty when spun. the length of the cranks will mask minor wear so if you're worried pop the cranks off and have a feel of the bearings (ooerr!).
  • davoj
    benmac75 wrote:
    davoj wrote:
    k-dog wrote:

Thanks guys,

Very difficult question to answer, far too many variables (rider weight, pedalling style, typical ride profiles, weather conditions etc etc).

The hollowtech ones last very well. if there is any play it may be on it's way out (or the cranks aren't on properly), failing that if it's notchy or gritty when spun. the length of the cranks will mask minor wear so if you're worried pop the cranks off and have a feel of the bearings (ooerr!).

Thanks