Moving up from a CAAD9

macondo01
macondo01 Posts: 706
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Built up my CAAD9 over the years - now has RS80's and ultegra. Still love it. However..

Lucky me I have come into a bit of cash and I have a big birthday next year - so I have means and an excuse!

My head says Supersix Evo ultegra with some ksyrium elites for £2k - green one - not seen it in the flesh though - so dont really know my reaction to it.

My heart says 'is this really your forever and ever bike?' buy a Colnago C59 and put a 10speed groupset on so you can use your old wheels.

What would you do?
"Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon

Comments

• holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Frame only and build from there using your existing stuff?
  • Hi - frame set yes and use existing wheels and buy a new group set

National Lampoon
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    If you bought the C59 would you not start hankering after a C60?
  • Ha - I think a c59 would be plenty!

National Lampoon
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I do not think there is much between the evo himod frame and C59 in terms of quality of ride characteristics - they are both highly rated race framesets. The evo has a pressfit 30 bottom bracket and the C59 a 68mm English threaded bottom bracket. The C59 geometry is obviously different to evo geometry (more relaxed?).
  • Thanks - I think I am swaying to the Evo. At least I know the geometry, it's the same as the caad9. The c59 is sloping' well at least the one I was looking at. Also in the accidental bike falling over scenario I'd be less terrified of the evo falling over!

National Lampoon