Garmin 810 setup help needed

bing gordon
bing gordon Posts: 662
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Cut along tail short I'm fully setup with the my new Garmin 810 but the distance isn't showing when I'm out, it just remains at 0. I have a GSC10 cadence and speed and a HRM all working fine except for the distance problem the 810

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Have you "started" the 810 before you go on a ride, and are you sure its the distance that's showing rather than some other field?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • yeah I def started it , the wife tracked my ride on Garmin Connect and I made sure it's the right box I'm looking at in training pages.
    If I throw the bike on the stand and pedal the cadence and speed work OK but still nothing in distance it just says 0ft...don't know why it says ft

sorry if I sound abit numb but this is like a small PC
  • Gee's !! your right drlodge, thankyou, I've pressed the "RIDE" but not the bottom button on the right.... sometimes I wonder about myself
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Always check the obvious things first...like your head ;-) Glad it was simple and its sorted.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • drlodge wrote:
    Always check the obvious things first...like your head ;-) Glad it was simple and its sorted.

lol, true, thanks for the quick reply.
  • oh and while I'm at it :) which do you prefer to use for wheel circumference ? just choose the standard 700c? , Auto it so let GPS take over ? , or measure it say with a nylon tape measure and manually input the mm ?