Give Cookson some credit

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited September 2014 in Pro race
Pleased about this. Whilst not entirely failsafe, this appears to be the right thing to do and doubly pleased that all is negative. Nice to see them co-ordinating and testing all samples for a number of things, and a couple of big passport numbers.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/09/all-7 ... -negative/

Good news all round.

Comments

• mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    To be fair, it was Pat who committed the UCI to the bio-passport, starting the good work for which Cookson may eventually take the credit.

I imagine that the asylum has gone into meltdown about the lack of a positive from the Tour, TBH I can't be bothered to look.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mm1 wrote:
    To be fair, it was Pat who committed the UCI to the bio-passport, starting the good work for which Cookson may eventually take the credit.

I imagine that the asylum has gone into meltdown about the lack of a positive from the Tour, TBH I can't be bothered to look.
    Nah, they're too engrossed in Ryder Hesjedal's 'motorized bike'
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    History will report that Pat did more to clean up cycling than Cookson.

Cookson will work on the image though.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    History will report that Pat did more to clean up cycling than Cookson.

Cookson will work on the image though.
    To be fair Pat had a lot more to clean up.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Does anyone know how Cookson's 'Independent Commission' is progressing? I can't recall seeing anything about this since January /February time...
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Does anyone know how Cookson's 'Independent Commission' is progressing? I can't recall seeing anything about this since January /February time...

There's been a fair bit about it

Santambrogio has spoken to them, quite a few others too. Armstrong as well AFAIK.

Still a completely pointless exercise.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    There has been some stuff since then, we know that he who cannot be named has been to see them.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The fact that people are speaking to each other, and the doping tests have been done testing for all performance enhancers rather than a urine test here and there is a massive step forward, aside from taking two sets of passport readings before and during.

If you look at the last few years' tests, they have been somewhat erratic and quite frankly pointless.