wh-7900 freehub

robert66
robert66 Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Workshop
After a less than fruitful search for knowledge, i have a question.
I have a shimano wh-7900 hub mounted on some c35 rims. The freehub is shot to pieces and a replacement is a lot of money. what other shimano 10 speed free hub can I put on it that will fit and work. something like 105. and wont break the bank. essentially I am looking for compatability.

Comments

• I presume you've tried the shimano website for their 7900 product pdf pages which also show what model interchange-ability there is?
    I have a shimano d/ace wWH-7850 rear wheel where the cones+bearings needed replacing but they are no longer stocked so the wheel is 'retired'. :cry:
    If your 7900 is compatible then give me a shout and we can perhaps work a price where you can take my wheel and then swap in the bits you need?
    Good luck, Johnny
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I am pretty sure that a 7850 f/h isn't compatible with 7900, the mounting bolt and spline is bigger, and none of the other ranges will fit.
    there is a tool out there that allows a complete replacement of the freehub lube, if that's the issue then google would help here, I read it on singletracks
    as for cones for your wheel, wheels manufacturing make cones for shimano wheels and some german sites might have cones.