edited September 2014 in Road general
I just noticed Thursday 04/09/14 ITV4 at 20:00 to 21:50

Greg Lemond: Slaying the Badger

Documentary telling the story of the 1986 Tour de France

Comments

• IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    Nice spot. Thanks.
  • That title sounds like a different version of Spanking the Monkey, Bash the Bishop etc
  • Dippydog2
    Dippydog2 Posts: 291
    Good film. Good book.

Read the book first.
  • Greg's 'Complete Book of Cycling' is also excellent - a great read. The man is an absolute monster on the bike, but the book is really lucid, engaging and comprehensive.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Just watched that.... 'mazing. Absolutely gripped.

I came to cycling as a result of the London 2012 effect, and was completely ignorant of this whole world before then. I literally hadn't heard of Lance Armstrong or Bradley Wiggins before summer 2012. I feel like I've had quite an education since then :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Just watched that.... 'mazing. Absolutely gripped.

I came to cycling as a result of the London 2012 effect, and was completely ignorant of this whole world before then. I literally hadn't heard of Lance Armstrong or Bradley Wiggins before summer 2012. I feel like I've had quite an education since then :)

That's maybe a good thing!! :lol::lol:
  • Superb book - one of the best cycling books IMO.
    Thanks for the shout on the TV prog. Just need to remember to set the freeview box now ....
  • Box set to record, that's one evenings entertainment sorted when mrs HD goes away with the girls.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Watched this a few weeks ago, thought it was excellent.
  • I watched it on Sunday night and found it quite entertaining. Hinault certainly comes across as a smarmy git. :D
  • I thought it was particularly interesting at the end to note the way all of a sudden he started to fall behind as the rest of them got into EPO.

Such a shame he's got all those lead pellets in him though. That's not going to do him any good at all in later life.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?