Tufo Extreme only for Tufos?

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited September 2014 in Road general
Will Tufo Extreme sealant work on any tubular or is it only for Tufo tubulars? Can I use it in Conti Competitions for example?
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    It will work but do you really want to put sealant in a top end racing tub?

Not sure why you wouldn't or would, for that matter? What problem would this cause? :?
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I would only use it in the event of a flat. What harm does it do? Is there another brand that's better and comes in such a small bottle?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Yes I put sealant in my racing tubs...nothing wrong with it.
  • About the worst that could happen is if you decided you wanted to send the tub off to be repaired - they may refuse to do it with sealant in there.
  • DavidJB
    But 9/10 you won't need it repaired because the sealant fixes it...had a puncture with one tub after 2 rides...put tufo in...used it for an entire season :)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    About the worst that could happen is if you decided you wanted to send the tub off to be repaired - they may refuse to do it with sealant in there.

I used to send tubulars off to be repaired. The guy simply opened it up, tossed the tube, put in a new one, and sewed the thing up with a big *ss sewing machine. Cost was 10 dollars per tubular. That was quite some time ago though. Anyway, I can't imagine anyone running a repair business and doing it by hand. Takes too long.
  • There was a man but he died last year. It was £15 including postage back. This is partly why I ask the question about sealant.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • DavidJB
    There was a man but he died last year. It was £15 including postage back. This is partly why I ask the question about sealant.

How inconsiderate of him.