Genesis fugio - too much bike?

mattl80
mattl80 Posts: 80
edited August 2014 in Commuting chat
Hi chaps,
I'm after some kind of drop bar cx bike for my commute. I would probably be better off with a flat bar hybrid as I want quite an upright position but I fancy trying something new :D

I've seen a really nice looking genesis fugio for sale second hand but I'm not sure if it might be a bit too race orientated?Is the geo on this and other cyclocross bikes quite hunched down? I'm looking to be a bit more upright but I'm wondering if it's possible to ride with hands on to of the bars rather then in the "race position" ?

Another bike I have my eye on is a kona jake the snake. Is there very much in it between the fugio and kona jake the snake in terms of riding position? Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,250
    Had mine for one year... fork aside (it cracked after giving me endless grief) it is a very good frame, with a racey geometry which I do like. I use it for commuting, on road, off road, sportives, cyclocross rides... everything in fact there is even a rather clever way to fit a rack using a disc one with a seaport collar. Have a look here

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12942781&hilit=fugio
    left the forum March 2023
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    You can make the position more upright by using a riser stem or one that's angled upwards.

If you've got brakes along the tops of the bars,, that'll also help you ride in a more upright position.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."