dhope
dhope Posts: 6,699
edited September 2014 in Commuting chat
:D:D:D
Birthday present to myself a day early.

inflite-al-9-s_c1108.png

Canyon Inflite 9.0 S
Ultegra and hydraulic discs.

I can't seem to find a Gabba Cape anywhere though :?
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Nice, weirdo.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Sweet.

What calipers?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • dhope
    rubertoe wrote:
    Sweet.

What calipers?
    Shimano BR-RS785
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Excellent, and happy birthday for tomorrow.
  • Very nice! Oh and happy birthday tomorrow!
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    Great looking and totally practical.
    Think I might have seen my next +1
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I didn't get on with the shimano calipers on my previous crosser. I changed them for bb5 and they were a massive improvement on them, then bb7 on my current bike are a big improvement again.

Happy birthday.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Sweeeeeeet! Gratz on this & the birthday.

Please be posting fullest review soonest - was spookily looking earlier at the same bike & drooling. Head says overkill for winter commuting; heart says long time dead, buddy - get the wallet out.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Happy Birthday!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie
    rubertoe wrote:
    I didn't get on with the shimano calipers on my previous crosser. I changed them for bb5 and they were a massive improvement on them, then bb7 on my current bike are a big improvement again.

Happy birthday.
    The Shimano BR-RS785 are Hydraulic, if you used BB5 I'm guessing yours were mechanical?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Happy birthday!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Happy Birthday! Nice pressie, was there any resolution on the theft?
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Nice! Shame they don't come in under the £1000 mark - I'd quite like to pick something like that up on C2W. :D

Happy birthday!
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Happy birthday dhope. :D
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Agent57 wrote:
    Nice! Shame they don't come in under the £1000 mark - I'd quite like to pick something like that up on C2W. :D
    Ditto. Dropping to the 105 hydraulic group might make it happen, although I suspect we'll have to wait another year.
  • DrLex
    Agent57 wrote:
    [...]

Last year's 8.0S is just under...
  • dhope
    DrLex wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    [...]

But only available in XS frame size. Was the main reason I waited for the 2015 model, the mediums sold out so quickly last year.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DrLex
    dhope wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    [...]

But only available in XS frame size. Was the main reason I waited for the 2015 model, the mediums sold out so quickly last year.

Ah - I'd added one to the cart and customised it, so I thought it was still in stock; I hadn't proceeded to the next step to get the 'someone beat you to it' message.
    Please do post your thoughts and views once you receive it and start riding it - it looks like it would tick my 'do it all bike' box (albeit with a spare dyno wheel for winter riding). Oh, and how did you determine what seat post you needed?

Trust you had a good birthday!
  • The Rookie
    The Specialized Diverge looks promising as a BTW steed, no UK prices yet but this one should come in under £1K
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/ ... ech-design
    Rear rack/guard mounts but not having them on the forks (at the dropout at least, looks like there is some sort of fixing half way up, but it's not clear from photo's) is an oversight. Mechanical discs at this price though.
  • dhope
    DrLex wrote:
    Please do post your thoughts and views once you receive it and start riding it - it looks like it would tick my 'do it all bike' box (albeit with a spare dyno wheel for winter riding). Oh, and how did you determine what seat post you needed?

I just stuck with the normal seatpost. The length with the stem and top tube is about right for me and I've not done anything much with having to put a seat too far forward or back before, so I'm hoping the normal post will be fine. I might email the Bike Whisperer as I'd chatted to them and was sized up a couple of months ago.

Will post back with a review, but it looks like early/mid November before the thing ships, so it'll be a little while :|
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DrLex
    Thanks; would appreciate that. Good luck with the patience-testing lead time!
  • The Rookie wrote:
    The Specialized Diverge looks promising as a BTW steed, no UK prices yet but this one should come in under £1K
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/ ... ech-design
    Rear rack/guard mounts but not having them on the forks (at the dropout at least, looks like there is some sort of fixing half way up, but it's not clear from photo's) is an oversight. Mechanical discs at this price though.

They are on the tredz website. £750 gets you a Claris groupset, £2000 a 105 I think :(

Both aluminium. They do look interesting though.

And in other news I've PUT MY FOOT DOWN AND HAVE DEMANDED A NEW BIKE/asked permission nicely and got an agreement.

Carbon with disc brakes, full mudguard mounts...ideally with 105 or min tiagra...waiting to see what comes out next few weeks. Anyone seen anything? giant advanced defy is a possibility at the mo...

In the meantime I gotta start selling my current ones :(