Canyon - at my wits end - can anyone help?

Gazmania1
Gazmania1 Posts: 87
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all,

Wondered if anyone can advise as I really don't know what else I can do about this. Basically I've had ongoing problems with Canyon where their SLX kept cracking (3 times in the same place on the frame). I can't be bothered to go into detail but I've posted elsewhere on here what happened if anyone wants to find out. Anyway, the 3rd bike has been back with them since the beginning of July and finally at the beginning of August they agreed that due to how inept they are I could have a full refund and it would take 2 weeks at most to refund me. It is now coming up to 4 weeks and there is no sign of my money. I have contacted Canyon UK and they don't know why I've not been refunded and they have been unable to contact the German account department to find out why not. In 2 days they haven't been able to get an answer as to why I've not been refunded.

So basically, it appears the UK office can't do anything, I've no bike and I've been £3000 out of pocket for almost 4 weeks and counting and no idea when that's being refunded.

Can anyone recommend a way to crack some heads at Canyon. I'm pretty laid back but this is actually beginning to get stressful and is taking up a disproportionate amount of time chasing them, emailing them etc. I don't really want to start going on their Twitter and Facebook pages as I think it's ridiculous that I should have to do that to get back what is mine but guess I will have to if things don't improve.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    If you paid by credit card, speak to your card provider and show them the correspondence. They will do what is called a Claw Back and the money will be in your account within days.

If you paid by debit card, you can do the same but subject to certain limits. I am not sure what they are.

If you paid by bank transfer you will have to wait for Canyon to pay up.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    The above reply is only partially correct and while it is one solution, it certainly won't happen in a matter of days as the card provider will first encourage you to resolve your issue with the product supplier.

If Canyon have agreed to a full refund, presumably you have an email confirmation?

I'd be inclined to speak to their customer services and escalate to someone more senior while you're on the phone if you cannot resolve. Staying calm but being insistent is the best way to approach this

Bear in mind that a card refund can take up to 7 days from the time they agree to refund, it isn't an instant thing as some people imagine so they may well be on the case.

Good luck
  • Cheers, charge back on CC not an option. I've checked and time scale has expired. Canyon UK confirmed refund not processed. It says something about a company when one department can't get hold of another. If I need to get hold of my company account department I just ring and they pick up but not at Canyon apparently.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Twitter and Facebook page?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • I had the exact same problem as you with my cf slx. UPS picked up the bike two weeks ago tomorrow but I've had no sign of a refund for £3200. There customer service is a joke and they don't even seem able to simply reply to an email.

When I was having problems with the bike and wanted a refund I tweeted both canyon and canyon UK which got quick replies saying they had contacted the correct people regarding my problems on twitter but they still took there time in replying to my emails.

I have not been impressed at all with there attitude throughout. One of my mates had a problem with his Boardman and he received a £20 voucher for Halfords for the inconvenience and money for his fuel for having to go back to the store. Canyon don't seem to be even capable of giving you your own money back.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    I had my 3 month old frame replaced by Rose, they gave me a fifty quid voucher. Same business model, different customer service?
  • MD is Roman Arnold. His email is rarnold@canyon.com
  • MD is Roman Arnold. His email is rarnold@canyon.com

Cheers, I found it earlier but want to give them another day before going fully super nova on their asses!
  • Gazmania1 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a way to crack some heads at Canyon.

Why not post up yet another thread on Bike Radar. Then wait until someone gives you a perfectly reasonable and logical way to progress.......
    MD is Roman Arnold. His email is rarnold@canyon.com

And then do this......
    Gazmania1 wrote:
    Cheers, I found it earlier but want to give them another day

That's what I'd do :D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    you need to read this
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... credit-act

I have used this when Merlin offered me a partial refund based on 3 years of use.

With Halifax CC services, I had to explain the law to them, as they fobbed me off with "its over our 60 day time limit" there are no time limits with section 75.
    the whole process took about 3 weeks.
    Despite having a Canyon with no issues, I don't think I would now buy another one, too many of these stories and shitte C/S
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    Don't forget, it's August and continental Europe in general, goes on holiday. Might explain why there has been no repsonse/action.
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Dodger747 wrote:
    Don't forget, it's August and continental Europe in general, goes on holiday. Might explain why there has been no repsonse/action.
    This was my thought. Plus a load will be at Eurobike.
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    Small Claims Court?