Cheese, Milk etc

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited September 2014 in The bottom bracket
Darn

Doc thinks says I am lactose intolerant but i love milk and cheese. Just googled the symptoms and they correlate. Anyone want the huge piece of Stilton in my fridge?
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'll take the Stilton with whatever crackers you have in the larder ;-)

Lactose intolerant = bugger.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    simonhead wrote:
    Anyone want the huge piece of Stilton in my fridge?

Is that a euphemism?

On a more serious note best wishes in handling your intolerance. It could be worse, it could have been your better half which would mean no more BJ's unless your PH levels are high and no cheesey manhood
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • simonhead
    Was a stand in doctor, i wouldnt normally be bothered talking about my anus to my usual quack but this lady although very pleasant was someone i didnt know. Not the most comfortable of conversations.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Will you have to be converted to run on vegan? :D

(Avoid Soya cheese it is made from smegma!)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • n1ckster
    n1ckster Posts: 158
    Cheddar cheese has no lactose present (well, legally only 'trace' elements); it is all released and removed during the modern cheese manufacture as the by-product 'whey'. If you look at the nutritional content there is 0 grams of carbohydrate (sugar) in cheddar cheese.

Nick
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    n1ckster wrote:
    Cheddar cheese has no lactose present (well, legally only 'trace' elements); it is all released and removed during the modern cheese manufacture as the by-product 'whey'. If you look at the nutritional content there is 0 grams of carbohydrate (sugar) in cheddar cheese.

Nick

Serious answer....... Never thought I would see one of those in here :D
  • simonhead
    matthew h wrote:
    n1ckster wrote:

Nick

Serious answer....... Never thought I would see one of those in here :D

Me either, unfortunately its Brie, Mozzarella and nice stinky blue cheese thats my downfall and I love milk maybe more that beer.
  • team47b
    Stilton is only 0.8% lactose, and if you work out how you could restrict yourself to only eating a very small amount, let me know how :D
  • simonhead
    Theres the problem, i am going to have to go cold turkey on the cheese. Doc has me on a dairy free diet for 2 weeks from today.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    One sympathizes.

Sheep cheese seems to work for me. Not sure if it is lactose or some other dairy ingredient but my runny nose and persistent cough have cleared up.
  • davecara
    davecara Posts: 104
    I can fully sympathize with you pal, although mines a dairy protein allergy (apparently!)
    Takes a little while, but soya in cereal is actually quite nice now and I love black coffee!!
    More importantly, Dominos can do all their pizzas without cheese! :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Davecara wrote:
    I can fully sympathize with you pal, although mines a dairy protein allergy (apparently!)
    Takes a little while, but soya in cereal is actually quite nice now and I love black coffee!!

I think I'd rather just skip their pizza's completely thanks :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Davecara wrote:

Yeah, it's called the box.
  • team47b
    So you are advocating eating of the box? :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    So you are advocating eating of the box? :D

:shock:

You wash your mouth out young man.

especially after eating out of the box :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • You have my sympathy..... My wife is highy lactose intolerant... Tested at local hospital.
    If she is going to have something that may contain milk, cream, cheese etcetera. She takes a lactase tablet or two just prior to eating.
    This replaces the enzyme she is no longer producing, but she doesn't indulge heavily inthe high lactose foods.
    The tablets seem to work quite well, stopping the nasty side affects.
    Again she was tested at hospital so we are sure it is lactose intolerance rather than an allergic reaction.
  • simonhead
    Just over a week of Dairy and with the exception of black coffee i am not really missing the milk. Did try a few types of milk alternatives and oat milk was about the best, still cant bring myself to drink soya in any form.

Minor slip up with a big piece of bread and butter pudding on sunday after a longish ride and i really noticed it last night...... as did the wife.