Help: Boardman Comp Cycle 2 Work With Bits & Bobs?

2»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Your butt will toughen up.
    Brakes don't need bleeding unless they have air in them. I doubt yours do (if so Google Epic bleed kits)

Read Parktools.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Cody wrote:
    Wasn't too keen on the colour though, i preferred black as opposed to white, someone might nick it, black looks pretty plain and simple and doesn't stand out as much.

Can't argue with that logic, as I have a half white half black bike does that mean I got a 50% chance of it being inched?
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    Ok it doesn't matter anyway. A nice looking bike is prone to getting nicked regardless of colour. Theres always people prowling about who are good at nicking. Don't you think? I bought a bmx in white when i was 15, it got nicked 6 weeks later, I paid £80 for it in sale. Felt really sad at that time.

Anyway, I rode my bike yesterday and I realised, THERE ARE ONLY SEVEN GEARS on the bike, is this true and why?
    On the carrera fury I owned 3 year ago it was full 27 gears. Have halfords done something wrong or is this the new gearing system with boardman bikes? theres 5 on the right side and 2 hard ones on the left.

and finally, I'm thinking of putting together a toolkit for my bike. I had lots of tools over the years which have just disappeared. So I'm thinking of starting a new topic but I don't know which forum to start it on here or which section, any ideas people? I just want to call it,bike tools, essentials and equipment

Please advise, thanks.
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    cooldad wrote:
    Your butt will toughen up.
    Brakes don't need bleeding unless they have air in them. I doubt yours do (if so Google Epic bleed kits)

Read Parktools.

I'm going to change the seat to a madison flux or something similar. I know my carrera fury needed some lubricant in them which they didn't charge me for but they said if they have to bleed the brakes on my boardman it will cost around £18 a brake. If I can avoid this it would be brilliant.

Can you advise me as to where I can buy quality and I mean quality bike tools from but at a reasonable price, not too expensive, things like ratchet sets, allen keys, screw drivers and whatever else I might need etc

Please refer to my reply below, I want to start a new topic on bike tools below but not sure which section to post in.

Please advise, thanks.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Cody wrote:
    Anyway, I rode my bike yesterday and I realised, THERE ARE ONLY SEVEN GEARS on the bike, is this true and why?

Er no.
    Cody wrote:
    On the carrera fury I owned 3 year ago it was full 27 gears. Have halfords done something wrong or is this the new gearing system with boardman bikes? theres 5 on the right side and 2 hard ones on the left.

Huh? Count the cogs.
    Maybe need a bit of indexing. Read Parktools.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools