Carbonspeedcycle wheels complete review

fgarefalakis
fgarefalakis Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
hi there!!!
greetings from Greece!! :D

After some time of use (although not permanent) I am now able to make a complete review for this pair of wheels ordered for about 7 months ago.
because of the fact that my experience does not include all the products of this company, I would like to confine myself only to the specific product which i have bought not only for me but also for friends.

This is the 50mm carbon tubular wheels (1250gr / per set).

The price for these is around 320-335 € depending on the exchange rate between €, $ that day made ​​the order.

Let's start from the beginning.

It started from the moment I decided to order them after thinking enough and I will not hide, also some hesitation.

I contacted the seller, and spoke with a Chinese woman (helin). Since then I talk to her about everything that I want.
With most Chinese people there is a specific problem : that they do not know English.. and they can not understand what you are writing to them.
luckily Helin knowns the language well and i was able to discuss, better than expected!

I made the order, sent her an ebay message with all the features and the specifications i wanted
hub(shimano / campy, Matt or glossy color , color of hubs,nippled..) paid via PayPal and then i waited.

He sent me a confirmation email about the features and told me that in 5 working days my package will be with EMS for shipping.

So they did. In 5 days I received a notification from eBay (item marked as shipped) along with the tracking number.
The whole process didnt last longer than 15 days (5 + 10) for shipping to greece

The EMS is working with Post Office courier ,so one day the doorbell rang and my wheels came.!

in the package... there are other stuff included too :
some replacement spokes, quick release in the choosen hubs color and
braking pads for carbon rims.

The hubs are powerway alloy super light Hubs (285gr) with 4 sealed bearings front and 2 rear

And the spokes are : mac aero 424 from cn spoke

First impression very good, excellent paint, fine rolling by hand, the rear hub makes this sexy (for me) sound and i generally found no defects!

I put the tyres and the cassete...... and after that!!!!
we were ready for the first training

On the road:

rolling : excellent.
from the first moment, I felt after 30 km/h the bike to fly and maintain the speed.
Braking.
i was not impressed but i blame the braking pads .. A went to better pads and i solved the problem promptly.
Overheating etc. I have not noticed something ...not even after major descents with a lot of braking minutes.

After the first 1000km i went for the first truinga and I did an overall check which showed that all was as before .. perfect!

now they count approximately 5.000km. I decided to keep them only for racing as the truth is that the tubular tires are a little expensive and also it is not a good idea to race with bald tires .. so i kept a pair of cheap shimano clincher wheels for training.. and i have the carbonspeedcyle with a pair of vittoria corsa evo cxII for racing..

Problem with customs , not encountered as she declare reduced value and markes the package as a gift.

They have one year warranty and proven restoration problem is immediate. I received a spare rim with free transport free everything with a single email in which I expressed my concern to a problem that was ultimately due to poor truing (I thought that the wheeld had the problem but thank god the first shop I went for truing... was to bad! and I was told that the rim is crooked and they can not do something .. (Classic reaction when they see several Chinese products)

Finally, I can now confidently say that I am a happy buyer and many others of my own friends who ordered from the same seller.

this is the ebay store for those who want to take a look or even to order.

http://stores.ebay.com/carbonspeedcycle [/ url]

That's all !!!
hope you enjoyed!!
Good rides to everyone!

Comments