MTB Riding Shorts

jp242
jp242 Posts: 7
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recommend an MTB clothing brand that makes riding shorts for men who don't have the waistline of a 12 year old? I've only been riding a couple of years now and for me it seems that finding a pair of shorts that fit well is like finding the holy grail!

I've bought loads of pairs in XL and XXL and even those sizes seem to come up very small. I tried an XL pair the other day and my thighs could barely fit through! I do have a pair of Humvees which are great but i'd like to buy some more in colours other than black.

I'm not a lardy arse either, but am a 6'4", broad and quite muscular 41 year old ex rugby player. In trousers/jeans my waist size can be 36-40" depending on brand, but it seems to me that MTB clothing has it's own sizing scheme.

Any advice on brands, online retail sources etc would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Have you tried Royal? I have a pair if their Turbulence shorts in a Medium and I'm a 34" waist and they're slightly too big so I'm using the waist adjusters.. They go up to an XXL
    A lot of their shorts are also designed to have body armour under them so have quite a bit if room in the legs

I'd recommend chain reaction cycles with easy 365 day returns
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    jp242 wrote:
    I do have a pair of Humvees which are great but i'd like to buy some more in colours other than black.

Humvees in camo?

In all seriousness Humvees suit me, so I have a pair in black and two in camo.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I'm no skinny waif and got these on sale in Canada but would happily pay full UK price as they're a really good fit... (in fact they're on sale here too):

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy ... prod109971
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    I can vouch for Troy Lee too ^

Got a pair of their shorts 2 years ago and after a lot of use they're still good, but I've only recently converted to Royal :lol:
  • jp242
    jp242 Posts: 7
    Thanks fellas I'm going to order some of those suggested. :D