Easter Cycling Holiday

ilav84
ilav84 Posts: 124
edited October 2014 in Tour & expedition
Looking to head away at Easter 2015 for a holiday with the wife. I will be hoping to do some cycling while on the holiday. I am also looking to do the Marmotte or Etape next year, so this will be a good chance to get away and prepare on some good long climbs that we don't have in Ireland. I am a teacher so I can only go during the easter break, which is a pain in the ass as I will no doubt have to pay more money ffs.
Where is the best place to go then lads? Any advice for booking this sort of stuff?

I want somewhere that:
will be guaranteed good sunny weather.
That has some good long climbs.
a 4 or 5 star hotel with a nice pool and in a nice area.
Close to some cycling rental shops
And maybe somewhere that you can join groups to cycle with out there.

Cheers

Comments

• banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Gran Canaria. Hire from Freemotion and ride with them. Cannondales all in tip top condition. Great climbing and weather.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Went to Mallorca last Easter, £160 self catering flying from Leeds.

Sunny warm weather (about +25c) each day, and as many cyclists out on the roads as you are likely to find anywhere in the world.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • The obvious is Girona, but for more variety of riding and much much quieter, plus nearer the Pyrenees, try the Osona region of Catalunya. It's only 40mins from Girona airport and stunningly beautiful.
    I've been living here for 6yrs and love it.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    banditvic wrote:
    Gran Canaria. Hire from Freemotion and ride with them. Cannondales all in tip top condition. Great climbing and weather.

that was going to be my pic too. Stay in Maspalomas or Playa Del Ingles and you are right next to the FreeMotion shop and some great riding as soon as you get out of town