nowhere for my downtube cable stops to go

maxrodgers
maxrodgers Posts: 19
edited August 2014 in Road beginners
Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of upgrading the shifting system on my old ten speed road bike. I've attached all of my new components and was just about to start cabling everything together. I removed my downtube shifters which I hadn't noticed were attached to the tube by a ring rather than directly to the tube. So now that they're off there are no fittings for my cable stops to screw on to. Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    You could get a frame builder to weld some downtube bosses on - but it would probably cost more than the value of the frame, tbh...

What groupset are you trying to fit? You may encounter other issues along the way, depending on what you have..
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    There are loads of band on options. Eg

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/origin8-clam ... prod26491/

26491.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks for the responses so far. I was looking at some of those but they are much simpler than barrel adjuster cable stops. I think I need to have adjustable ones so that I can tweak my mechanisms for index shifting. In that case would these band options be too simple?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Nothing in your first post about adjusters. Buy some inline ones then.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown