Selle Italia Superflow SLR users

rc856
rc856 Posts: 1,144
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi folks,

My saddle history is that my Fizik Arione was comfy but made my bits go really numb.
Used a Spesh Toupe for years which was comfy but I still got a bit numb after a while.

I felt I was always on the search for a no numb saddle and recently went to the Superflow.
No numbness at all!! :D

But....I was getting a sore left sit bone which I put down to the newness of the saddle.
The worse pain I get after a ride is the soft tissue on the inside of my sit bones.
This is still swollen today after a long ride yesterday.

I actually think it might be because the cut out is so wide and those bits of my cheeks are getting pushed into the gap?

Anyone had this? Is it a saddle change again?
Is there a saddle in between the Toupe and SLR?
I didn't feel pain yesterday but it's a bit sore today and takes a few days to go down. No sores.

I'm a normal build...6ft and 73/74kgs. Wear Assos shorts all the time.

Cheers

Comments

• robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    I don't know about your particular case, but I moved to an SLR superflow a couple of years ago due to numbness issues with other saddles. They are great for removing the numbness, but they do put a bit more pressure on the sit bones. However, I don't experience the pain that you are having.

These saddles come in two widths. Is the saddle you have the correct width?
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    You may need the S3 version. I also get a bit of sore on L3 version on the inside of the top of my thighs but it is not painful so I live with it. In fact the L3 SLR superflow is the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned shame I have given it to my wife.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Cheers.

Sorry, I should've said that when I had the Toupe, I was measured to needing a 143 and for the SLR, the IDMatch had me as the L3, 145 wide.
    The cut out on the Toupe is about half the size.

The search continues it seems!! Either a similarly padded Spesh with a bigger cut out or a better padded Selle Italia with a smaller!! :?
  • How about the new Flite flow? Seems like a mix of the Toupe and SLR.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Flite Flow does not have such a wide or long cut out. The base is the same width as the SLR superflow. If you get on well with the SLR superflow then the Flite flow is also fine but maybe not if you have a high saddle to handle bar drop. I like both however the S3 version of the superflow SLR saddle I think is the best bet.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • ne0sk
    ne0sk Posts: 39
    I thought they did a 30 day money back or exchange deal. Guess you may be out of time perhaps?
  • eddiefiola
    eddiefiola Posts: 344
    i noticed my SLR getting uncomfier and then noticed that the padding has started to collapse on one side if the cut out which means bits of me are now on hard plastic, I've reached out to Selle Italia on Twitter but no answer, they have no contact details on their website only for their Distributors and checking Facebook it seems noone gets an answer from them, have to travel a long way back to the shop i bought it from to try and get a replacement.

Anyway </rant> but have a look at the padding.