WIGGLE Price Match is rubbish

Semantik
Semantik Posts: 537
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Have not used Wiggle for a while as their prices are rarely the cheapest but thought I would ask them to price match Winstanleys bikes on a pair of Hope Wheels. Meant they needed to take another £50 off their advertised price. Preferred to shop with them as I thought I could depend on some solid customer service having shopped there far more times than @ Winstanleys.

Wiggle finally emailed today FIVE days later to say :

<< Unfortunately, we cannot price match on this occasion as the products are not identical. We sell the wheels as a set but the competitor only sells them individually. The competitor needs to sell the product as a set as well to be considered for the price match request.>>

Disappointing response. Not the Wiggle customer service I have been used to in the past. Seems they are now happy to W(r)iggle out of Price match using a pathetic excuse when we all know it IS the same product. If anything, they should have been cheaper than Winstanleys selling them as a wheelset and not singly.

Too late anyway Wiggle I got them from Winstanleys 4 days ago with even further discount, making them over £60 cheaper. And their service was excellent.

Stand by for the angry replies from some weirdly loyal posters along the lines of ' What do you expect? What is your problem? Wiggle are fantastic. They sent me my order and it came on time in a nice box with some sweets in it.'.

Comments