Which c2w 29er

Flanker37
Flanker37 Posts: 70
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
My company is going to start the cycle to work scheme in a couple of weeks. This is a good thing, it means all the new 2015 bikes are starting to come out. And i could quite possibly bag myself a bargain on last years models.

I just read the latest What Mountain Bike Mag, to shine some light on this, but its only confused me even more. What is currently the best of the hard tail 29ers for under a grand?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends where you can shop.
    And best for what.
    And why specifically a 29er

But this
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOPWDEO/o ... ntain-bike
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • My last bike was a £500 specialized 29er, but i've not ridden in 2 years due to injury. so i sold the bike. i've had in the past a £1000 boardman cyclocross, and although i loved how light & fast it was, it was very uncomfortable to ride. I live in a very hilly terrain, and also fortunate enough to have lots & lots of good cycle routes & trails near me. I want something that's comfy enough for all day rides, 6-7 hours on the bike. I really only have halfords locally :( although evans, leisure lakes & decathlon are within easy reach, and whoever does mail order.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The same scheme won't cover all those stores, so which scheme are your company actually using or are they DIYing it?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I'm not sure yet mate, not until the flyer goes up on the notice boards.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You could ask.
    Bit pointless picking a bike until you know what you can get.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools