Help identifying a Campag cassette

captain_vimes
captain_vimes Posts: 262
edited August 2014 in Workshop
Can anyone identify this campag cassette?

It is 11 to 25 10 speed, bottom two sprockets are fixed together, the rest are all singles.

Weighs 249 grms

Looks like a Veloce or Centaur from pics but still unsure.

CIMG0185_zps8d6f6c2c.jpg

CIMG0190_zps20001410.jpg

CIMG0193_zpsd81874c9.jpg

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Veloce and Centaur often shared the same cassette - Mirage/Xenon likewise, but always used separate sprockets.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    The Centaur 11-25s I have are all made of separate sprockets (ditto my Veloce 12-25s - which are noticeably different from Centaur with much less durable finish though no obvious functional difference). They date from around 2010 and it's possible that earlier ones are made the same way as per this one. The alternative is that it is actually a Chorus cassette.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I have to say, that lock ring looks older than modern campag ones. Current Centaurs have grouped big sprockets, but older ones didn't. So my guess would be an earlier 10 speed group - Chorus?
  • g00se
    Had a look and the older chorus 10 speed cassettes had multiple joined sprockets, so that must be a modern Centaur cassette as it only has the one joined pair.
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    absolutely definitely, earlier version of Centaur. I have several.
    Colnago Addict!
  • Brilliant! Thanks chaps, I knew the Bikeradar combined wisdom would get us there.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Absolutely - the definitive answer. It's an older, newer, Centorus cassette :lol:

It actually looks identical to what Wiggle (amonst others) are currently advertising - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-cent ... -25-13-26/

But that says individual sprockets. So probably best to assume old Centaur.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • g00se
    The campag techincal docs have the 2013 and 2014 centaur cassettes with a pair of joined sprockets, so I guess it's the new one. I've got a 2010 Centaur cassette and it's all individual sprockets.