Womens World Cup Query

jedi_master
jedi_master Posts: 888
edited August 2014 in Pro race
Does this actually get any TV or live online coverage? I've checked TV guides for Eurosport, BBC and ITV and see nothing. Looked through and can't see anything for Sundays race or the race on the 30th. Don't think I even saw a highlights show listed.

Comments

• Stridor
    Stridor Posts: 48
    If you're willing to make some effort you can....Try here for details...

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2014/8/21/605 ... -them-live
  • I'll have a look.

Did some more digging and there is a pdf on UCI's site with some TV schedules. Only highlight shows though, which I guess is better than nothing. There should be some highlights the same night of the race on UCI youtube channel.

For those interested...
    Open de Suede Vargarda
    01/09/14 highlights on BBC red button, 11:00am-12:00pm. Rerun the next day 12:00am-1:00am
    04/09/14 highlights on Eurosport, 5:30-6:00pm. Rerun the next day, same time.

GP de Plouay
    08/09/14 highlights on BBC red button, 12:00pm-2:40pm.
    12/09/14 highlights on Eurosport, 5:30-6:00pm.

The PDF is here at the bottom.

Why the BBC can't put these on BBC three or four I don't know. Especially when the highlights are during the day when the channel isn't being used for anything.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Is a massive shame it's not shown but hopefully this will change.

I have a friend who works for the BBC & I asked them why no (or very little) sport on BBC 3&4 and it's partly their mandate is restrictive in what they can/can't show and was put in place when they were granted to go live.

Used to frustrate me massivly as I'm a big MotoGP fan that they couldn't at the time they had coverage show the live race on 1or 2 as they were busy showing a repeat of something or sale or what ever it's called and they could have put it on 3 or 4.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    Why the BBC can't put these on BBC three or four I don't know. Especially when the highlights are during the day when the channel isn't being used for anything.
    The bandwidth for BBC3 & 4 is used by CBBC & Cbeebies during the day
  • andrew_s wrote:
    The bandwidth for BBC3 & 4 is used by CBBC & Cbeebies during the day

Ah, OK. Did not know this. However it didn't stop them using those channels in the day during the Commonwealth games.