Cube Peloton Race 2012 as Donor for Planet X N2A

andyparker
andyparker Posts: 59
edited August 2014 in Workshop
Hi guys

I'm looking at purchasing the Planet X N2A frame and fork package.

I'm currently running a standard Cube Peloton Race 2012 package and was hoping to use this as the donor for parts for the N2A frame.

Can anyone advise on any specific comparability issues that will require additional parts to be purchased?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Headset, bottom bracket and seatpost are the things you need to check.

Looks like the seatpost's included, so not an issue.

It's a BB30 bottom bracket on the N2A, looks like the Cube had a Shimano crankset in 2012 so not sure about the BB

No info on the PX site about the headset...

Oh, and whether the FD is braze-on or clamp / band type.

And you may need new cables if the new frame deals with them differently.
  • Thanks for the quick reply

The N2A appears to be braze on FD whereas the Cube is 34.9mm clamp on. What's the impact of that mean for parts?

I can't find much info on the BB for the cube but know its Shimano 105 5700

http://road-bikes.findthebest.com/l/110 ... ce-Compact

I was banking on new cables so that's ok.

I guess I'm really checking that it's not going to cost hundreds more after buying the frame to make it all work.

Thanks again
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    As the fd mounts are different it means you would need to purchase a new fd to suit.

You will more than likely need a new bb as the one on the cube with be the screw in cups and I believe the N2a is press in BB30.

You would need the BB30 adapter which presses into the frame and allows you to screw your cups in.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BBTPBB30/t ... -converter
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Buy new gear and brake cables
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • Thanks for the advice guys - looks feasible with a change in cables, FD and BB