The Mayor's Challenge

mclarent
mclarent Posts: 784
edited September 2014 in Amateur race
On 6th September I'm promoting an afternoon's racing at HH under the ELV banner called "The Mayor's Challenge". All proceeds are in aid of the Mayor's Appeal, and will go to the Royal British Legion, the Mayor's chosen charity in this centenary year.

Races
12:30 - 4ths Only (45 mins)
13:30 - 2/3/4 (1 hr)
15:00 - E/1/2/3 (1 hr 15 mins)

Junior and Youth with Dispensation pay £5 entry fee for any race, £15 for all others. Entry on the day only.

Prizes: Cos it's for charity, I've decided to make it "winner takes all" on the prizes: £50 for the E/1/2, £25 for the 2/3, all out of my own pocket(!) I may chuck in a couple of Primes as well, to keep things interesting.

Details here. Hope you can all make it! :D
"And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
- eccolafilosofiadelpedale

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I think I'm going to try to come along to the Cat 4s, had fun at HH yesterday and it seems like a good chance to grab the last point I need for Cat 3, is it only entry on the day?
  • mclarent
    Great, see you then! Yes, entry on the day only.
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
  • mclarent
    15083841762_ebf1ea7cd9_o.jpg
  • Just to confirm classification of the races (was some confusion with BC):

4ths only - Regional C+ (Band 5)
    2/3 - Regional A (Band 4)
    E/1/2 - National B (Band 3)
  • angry_bird
    What time are you signing on riders?
  • All afternoon, 4th cat will probably start from 11.50ish.
  • angry_bird
    Had fun with that today, cheers for putting it on.
  • Glad to hear it! Full respect to the Mayor for being such a good sport as well! :)

Only 10 for the Nat B - some of the 4th cats should have hung around, guaranteed points!
  • angry_bird
    Haha I completely burned myself on the front for most of it so wouldn't have been in any state to carry on with anything else, seemed the safest way though, from the sounds I heard behind me there were a few incidents in the 4s.
  • Couple of crashes, worst was on the last lap when (reportedly) the bunch tightened as no one wanted to do any work. Touch of wheels I believe. Everyone walked away, but a Shaftesbury rider hurt his thumb quite badly.
  • angry_bird
    That's a shame. I don't know, I didn't feel the effort really drop on the last lap although I was hurting at that point so probably wouldn't have noticed greatly, maybe the last climb where there was a definite unwillingness from anyone to sprint until very late, much later than the last time I was there.