LEISUREWHEELS BIKE STORE

Warehog
Warehog Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Just a heads up to anybody looking to purchase a bike online!
In my opinion DO NOT touch this store with a barge pole!
I purchased a Lapierre today online from them. The payment was taken & delivery address confirmed - I even received a confirmation of order. What followed was an email to say "sorry we can't fulfil your order, we don't have the bike available. We can offer you a better spec bike for £400 more"
No thanks I'll have the one I've paid for!
Well you can't, we'll refund you. It's just tough,we can't be expected to keep a track of what's available.
Well Leisurewheels in Hemel Hempstead - yes you can & you should. Everyone else manages & if you can't fulfil an order then you don't take payment for it. Simple.
Having checked other reviews this has happened before & the same un-helpful response from staff/directors!
Deceitful & bordering un-lawful in my opinion and trading standards informed.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    And I bet you never post again, shit happens, get over it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    So you ordered something and they had the gall(!!!) to contact you within hours(!) of your purchase telling you it was no longer in stock and giving you a full refund(!)? Had they even taken money or just reserved it to check you actually had it? Time to take up knitting if you think that's bad.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Warehog wrote:
    Just a heads up to anybody looking to purchase a bike online!
    In my opinion DO NOT touch this store with a barge pole!
    I purchased a Lapierre today online from them. The payment was taken & delivery address confirmed - I even received a confirmation of order. What followed was an email to say "sorry we can't fulfil your order, we don't have the bike available. We can offer you a better spec bike for £400 more"
    No thanks I'll have the one I've paid for!
    Well you can't, we'll refund you. It's just tough,we can't be expected to keep a track of what's available.
    Well Leisurewheels in Hemel Hempstead - yes you can & you should. Everyone else manages & if you can't fulfil an order then you don't take payment for it. Simple.
    Having checked other reviews this has happened before & the same un-helpful response from staff/directors!
    Deceitful & bordering un-lawful in my opinion and trading standards informed.

Seriously? Get a life.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    ^^ this

They made a mistake, loads of bikes aren't actually available. They dealt with it quickly and offered you an alternative. Sounds like they dodged a bullet.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    This happened to me when I ordered my 2013 Nukeproof Mega. They didn't have any left in stock so they gave me the 2014 model for the same price :D Good old Singletrack Bikes.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive