Remote Lockout issue with Suntour Forks

Bentura
Bentura Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I have an issue with the remote lockout on my forks. I think they are sr Suntour XCM(maybe SCR) 2011 v3. The problem is that the remote lockout doesn't work at all. I remember there was always a couple of inches of give in them but they used to lock out pretty good. The suspension isnt as soft when the lock should be on but its not tight like it used to be. In fact the suspension isnt as good as it used to be at all. I've tightened the cable and it looks like a piece of metal slide over a rod and pushes it down. I have attached pictures and way of the forks with the cap off and the remote lever ( I realise I have no back brake, that's another issue...)

I cant find anything specific to taking them apart on Youtube, forums or the Suntour workshop. I do have the exploded view of the forks and was thinking of having a look myself.

I just wondering if anyone recognises the model and mechanism and has any ideas of what I might be looking for if I do have a crack my self. Under the cap is a piece of plastic that fits into a piece of metal underneath. I have turned that each way and nothing seems to happen. Not a good idea I know.

Thanks in advance and I hope that all made sense.

Ah yeah, I used to turn the lockout on and off whilst riding. some times doing a cheeky wheelie to lift the front wheel as I locked it.