Anybody tried and liked these wheels?
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I really don't know how they can get away charging so much in return for so little

A friend has a set of Rolf, but he only uses them for triathlons, as he's worried a spoke might break... And it's not really my fault, honest... :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Ive tried these and although they do spin well and quick, but any gust of wind will prob blow you sideways.

Im 82kg and felt it a few weeks back. Im back on my Mavic wheels now. As Ugo says, more for triathlons.

They are overtensioned to make them stiff.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Rolf is a member of our local club(although he sold his interest in the company some years back). Anyway, he still has ties to them and gets our club members a discount at the beginning of each year. Lots of the guys use them for crits. He's always bringing some new wheel around for the guys to try. I do believe that they are better suited to lighter riders(of which I am NOT one).
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I really don't know how they can get away charging so much in return for so little

Do you mean the minimal number of spokes or the general quality of hubs and rims?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    mlgt wrote:
    Ive tried these and although they do spin well and quick, but any gust of wind will prob blow you sideways.

Im 82kg and felt it a few weeks back. Im back on my Mavic wheels now. As Ugo says, more for triathlons.

They are overtensioned to make them stiff.
    You would think that with so few spokes they would be OK in the wind.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310

Do you mean the minimal number of spokes or the general quality of hubs and rims?

There are some pretty standard 33 mm alloy rims... 30 steel spokes and a pair of hubs that we will assume of good quality with a titanium free hub... 700 quid?
    left the forum March 2023