Does this SMART product exist????

Clockworkmark31
Clockworkmark31 Posts: 1,053
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I can't seem to find what I am looking for, so hope someone else has before and can point me in the right direction. Or am I wanting too much.

Basically I want to monitor heart rate, have features like in runtastic mountain bike app, speed elevation etc, sleep monitor, and for it to track general activities like walking etc and for it to do all of this automatically or at the touch of a button.

At the moment I use my smart phone (xperia Z2) using runtastic app, I can get HR but that means buying a monitor. I can get all of the other features I want using Sonys new smartband, even though it does cycling it is not accurate and it does not do HR.

So to get what I want now, I have to use 2 different apps and 2 different sensors, and it all relies on my smartphone.

Is there one product that does all of the above in a watch version or app version using one sensor and one app?

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Fitness/sport bands bands???

Loads of makes/models and have a range of features, know a few that have speed, sleep, HRM, pedometer etc
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Yeah the new Sony band was advertised like a fitness band, but it automatically chooses the activity, first day of using it and I do a 1 hour commute to work and back each day and it registered 4 minutes of cycling time......so think I have been stung there.

Any brands come to mind I can look in to? Or proven ones?

Was looking at Polar V800 but price does seem overkill.
  • Quick look on google comes up with Garmin vivofit, but it means wearing 2 sensors band/heart and doesn't mention anything about cycling.

If the Sony band registered cycling correctly I would use Sonys app and the runtastic with a HR monitor.

I could buy a HR monitor to use with phone and runtastic mountain bike, and I get all features over 2 apps using 2 sensors.

But before I spend anymore money I want to see if anything else can do all of this in one product like a smart watch.

Would rather spend more to get what I am wanting rather that using lots of products.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Sorry, bot sure I understand. You want a gps and heartrate monitor in one with only one monitor? Are there not loads of these? Suunto watches do GPS/bike tracking and read HR/calories etc.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The lifestyle bit is where you'll fall down - sleep monitoring and that sort of thing, you won't get that in any of the dedicated bike GPSs.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Check the reviews section on here... he does GPS watches, fitness bands, HRMs, everyting...

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8