S Work Ceramic Bearings

aiwa_yamaha
aiwa_yamaha Posts: 137
edited August 2014 in Workshop
I have noticed in my BB that i have been getting a clicking noise and took it to the local bike shop. They told me my ceramic bearings i got with my 2014 Specialized S Works Tarmac is not running as smooth as they would of like and suggested that i run a converter like the Praxis converter but one with ceramic bearings that cost £100. It won't be a BB30 anymore. I used to have a Praxis Converter for my Tarmac Comp to run my new Dura Ace 9000 cranks but when ask about swapping it to my new frame (2014 S works SL4) they just said they will use the spacers/converters that comes with the frame. Has anyone with an S works frame / Ceramics bearings needed to change their ride. I would of thought i shouldn't be having these problems with such a high end bike.

Comments

• pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    I have an SL2 s works roubaix and run a Campag converter to change it from BB30 to ultra torque, I steered away from ceramic bearings as they are not good for the uk weather, Constantly need maintenance
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Yeah. My bike was fine until i did the Bath to Exmouth night ride and ever since then i started to get a noise again as i already had it once and got it fixed. It rained most of the night. For a converter for me what do you think i should get? I might just get the Praxis Shimano OSBB converter kit again for my Dura Ace 9000 Cranks.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Are Spesh doing this under warranty?
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro