Muscle embrocation

bikeit65
bikeit65 Posts: 998
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking for a hot muscle rub, what do you guys use?
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Trek Domane SL7 GEN4
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I much prefer really good looking 20-25 year old girls. What else would you use? :roll:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I think it's a bit of a legend that these products actually do anything useful
    left the forum March 2023
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    edited August 2014
    Two replies and not one mention of 'snake oil' :)

These rubs don't actually warm the muscles they create an effect of warming on the skin by means of witchcraft and ingredients that belong in a bottle of gin.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    dennisn wrote:
    I much prefer really good looking 20-25 year old girls. What else would you use? :roll:
    Too old!
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Enough Sceptics, Enough!!

I have a tub of the Rapha stuff, never having used deep heat or the like before. And I have to say that I have been mightily impressed, whether the warmth is real or delusional, in the depths of winter I put on a very small amount over knees/ thighs/ bum cheeks and it makes a heck of a difference. Now is not the time of year to experiment, but when it's bitingly cold, this stuff really helps me out.

Peter
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    northpole wrote:
    Enough Sceptics, Enough!!

I have a tub of the Rapha stuff, never having used deep heat or the like before. And I have to say that I have been mightily impressed, whether the warmth is real or delusional, in the depths of winter I put on a very small amount over knees/ thighs/ bum cheeks and it makes a heck of a difference. Now is not the time of year to experiment, but when it's bitingly cold, this stuff really helps me out.

Peter

I won't ask why you need the tingling sensation of a heat rub on your "bum cheeks"... whatever makes you happy, I guess... :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    The Rapha one IS very good. Until it rains, or you get into the shower.

Then it really works..................
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I think you need the increased blood supply in your muscles, not in your skin.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • The Rapha one IS very good. Until it rains, or you get into the shower.

Then it really works..................

LOL - it's funny because it's true ;-)

I doubt it's doing anything for my muscles but it does give the guns a good warm kick on a chilly morning.
  • Just don't get in the bath before washing it off first.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles